1 - 5 downloads
Also in : CollegeAdd this app to your lists
+ By COXTECH
The latest ERO report (2012) has acknowledged and reinforced the Nelson College Vision.
- The college has a long history and students and staff are proud of its traditions.
- Its vision is to equip students with the skills, knowledge, attitudes and values that they need to fulfill their potential as citizens in the 21st century. High priority is given to a sense of belonging among students.
- Students are encouraged and supported to take increasing responsibility for their own learning and progress.
- Teachers effectively engage students in learning. Interactions are respectful, friendly and cooperative. Positive relationships are evident between teachers and learners. Staff demonstrate a strong commitment to professional learning and development.
- The college's curriculum is driven by the board's outcome-focused strategic goals: academic excellence; personal development; and a sense of belonging. Senior leaders have developed a curriculum that effectively meets the changing and increasingly diverse needs of individuals and groups of students at the college.
- School-wide career education and guidance is cohesive, sequential and effectively co-ordinated.
Nelson College has high expectations of its students in their academic, co-curricular and personal development. We pride ourselves on providing many and varied opportunities for young men that will give them a bright future and allow them to take their place in the world.