Find interesting people, places, and events in New Orleans' history. Take tours that interpret New Orleans' rich social and cultural history. Each point on the interactive GPS-enabled map is an interpretive story that includes historical information about the site along with historic images from various regional archives and historical publications. Many sites also include short documentary videos or audio clips based on expert research or oral history interviews.
New Orleans Historical is a collaborative project with interpretive stories developed by scholars and students at the University of New Orleans and Tulane University. Learn more about the project and partnerships involved in creating New Orleans Historical at: http://neworleanshistorical.org/.
• Interactive map with more than 80 geo-located stories and topics (at launch)
• Historic images
• Oral history audio
• Documentary videos
• Directions to each site using Google Maps
• Sharing with Facebook, Twitter, and email
• Search stories and browse tours or use the map to see nearby points of interest
• Historical content: Students and faculty in the History Department at the University of New Orleans and in the Communication Department at Tulane University.
• Project Directors: Dr. Michael Mizell-Nelson, University of New Orleans; Dr. Vicki Mayer, Tulane University.
• New Orleans Historical is powered by Curatescape (mobilehistorical.org), a mobile interpretive tool developed by the Center for Public History + Digital Humanities at Cleveland State University.
• The concept & technical development of Curatescape is led by Dr. Mark Tebeau & the Center for Public History + Digital Humanities.
• Graphic design: Epstein Design Partners (epsteindesign.com)
• Software development: DXY Solutions (dxysolutions.com)
Copyright 2012 Curatescape: Dr. Mark Tebeau & Cleveland State University. New Orleans Historical content & stories by Dr. Michael Mizell-Nelson & Dr. Vicki Mayer.
Tags: spokane curatescape
from 8 reviews