-University and NUSU News and Events
-Searchable Campus Map
-View your personal timetable
-Find the nearest available PC on campus
-Check your print credits
-Contact your tutor
*** Detailed features list ***
* News and Events - Shows you a quick list of upcoming events for the Student union, Careers, Public Events, Press Office, Sports and IT.
* Timetable -
Get your module, programme of study or personal timetable and search for other modules or programme of study timetables
Get your personal timetable or search for modules, programmes of study or student timetables
(Note: Requires login, student functionality may vary depending on your stage, caching of timetable only lasts for login session)
* Find a PC - See the very latest PC cluster information in list or map form.
Sort PC cluster list by those nearest to your current location.
The list and map shows:
i) The number of PC's available at a cluster
ii) A simple traffic light system to show you its availability; red meaning currently booked or closed, amber meaning the cluster is going to be booked or close soon and green meaning the cluster has free PC's and is not booked, nor closing soon.
iii) Tap through links to a detailed explanation of a location's availability for the day including when a location closes or re-opens, what/when/how long the next booked activity is, what/when/how long any current booked activities are and how many PC's are available.
The list can also be used to:
i) Sort by the closest PC (dependent on device hardware, accuracy, GPS, wifi and/or network signal)
ii) Search on a cluster name.
iii) Tap through to the map to show the location of a cluster (the building is highlighted but the indicated pin position is approximate)
* Check print credit balance - one tap functionality to check your current print credit balance
(Note: Requires login)
Search buildings on campus to locate the nearest entrance, accessible entrance or food & drink venue.
Search the Library Catalogue and Library Subject Guides
* Staff contacts - Simple, quick and easy search of staff members contact details, directly ring or email a staff member from the search results, save a staff member's phone number directly to your device's contacts list (note: saving of numbers may not work on certain android devices)
* Other University Apps - A list of other useful android apps offered by the university, this will be updated as and when new apps are released.
* Feedback - What do you think of the app? Please use the feedback section of the app to send us any comments
(Note:The app will automatically detect your device type and pre-fill the device field, if you are logged in it will also pre-fill your email address, however, neither field is required to submit feedback. We strongly encourage you to submit both pieces of data if you are experiencing a fault so that we can contact you)
* Saving of login details enabling a handy "one tap login" for future logins... no more typing in your username and password over and over!
(Note:You will be automatically logged out every day and re-prompted to login in order to keep your details up to date. Login is only required for timetable and print credits. A greeting on the sidebar indicates you are logged in)
* Scaled interface allowing a consistent experience on your phone or your tablet.
Please note: In order to continue to use saved logins you will have to delete credentials saved on previous releases and reenter
* Android 2 and 3 support removed (older android users, please continue to use 1.3Release1 or the new, improved m.ncl.ac.uk)
* Major code framework upgrade with further speed improvements throughout the app
* More back button support (on side menus)
* Highlighted menu
* Much improved icon set
* Many small bugs fixed in the realm of Contacts, Timetable and Login