Labotec and Mytales Digital are proud to present One Rainy Day for Android.
We are thrilled to be part of the new "iPad Apps for Kids for Dummies" book, by Jinny Gudmundsen.
We have won the Reader's Choice Award for BEST TODDLER APP from BestAppsforKids.com.
"An absolutely adorable app for toddlers." from iPhonemom.com
"...it's sweetly illustrated, and the app's interactive features save a (rainy) day." from Kirkus Reviews
"This ebook is one of the most delightful books for young kids available as an app." from bestappsforkids.com
"The interactive features and adorable little Duck in One Rainy Day will make this app a hit with toddlers." from padgadget.com
Watch our demo at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwMRzQiQmdc.
Delight your child with this colorful and engaging app that includes an interactive, talking story, coloring pages designed just for little fingers, and unique skill-building activities.
Duck loves rainy days. One rainy day means... red boots, an orange umbrella, blue puddles, and so much more. This story is perfect for the youngest readers, with fun sound effects, characters that talk, and touchable objects that reinforce the learning experience. The coloring activity gives your child a palette of 10 "raindrop" colors and a mini-eraser that are sized just right for small hands to tap and fill favorite scenes from the story. And the creative play activity reinforces reading comprehension and an understanding of colors and provides hours of interactive skill-building fun!
Brought to life from the tiger tales early learning book, this is a wonderful app for sharing the joys of reading and colors with your child. Like our award winning "Read-a-Long, Sing-a-Long" lullabies, "One Rainy Day" features additional functions designed to enrich the reading experience for children. If you would like your child to learn about counting, look for "One Snowy Day: A Read-along, Play-along Story about Numbers".
* Whimsically illustrated pages, from the original paintings for the tiger tales children's book "One Rainy Day," written by Tammi Salzano and illustrated by Hannah Wood (published Spring, 2011).
* Softly lit words that help users follow the narration -- great for even the youngest readers!
* Professional recordings of narration and silly, fun sound effects.
* Read to me option: listen to the professional narration and follow the softly lit words on each screen. Enjoy the sound effects and touchable characters and objects.
* Read by myself option: read this children's book at your own pace. The sound effects and touchable characters and objects are still available.
* Touch the characters to hear more than just the book's text. Duck has lots to say!
* Touch the objects: each new color item introduced in the story becomes a 'clickable' that repeats its name and color throughout the book, reinforcing the color learning experience.
* Coloring activity includes four favorite scenes from the book and is designed as a tap-and-fill action that makes it easy for even the youngest readers. Tap a color then tap the part of the picture you want to fill. Erase and do it again!
* Creative play activity is so much fun, kids won't even realize that they're building key early learning skills -- practicing colors, reinforcing reading comprehension, and following directions. Ten activity screens prompt the user to drag the correct color object into the story screen. Drag the wrong object into place and it flies back. Drag the right object, and watch the fun animations!
Mytales digital is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended ages: 1-3, 3-6
from 3 reviews