10 - 50 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
• Calculates pH values of solutions of weak and strong, monoprotic and polyprotic acids and bases.
• Allows simultaneous calculation of all dissociation stages of acid and base and water dissociation (Kw).
• Application plots titration curve and export it as an image or data file to the “pH Meter” directory on local sd drive.
• Application provides pH and titrant volume values at equivalent points.
• Application is able to estimate the titrant volume needed to achieve desired pH values (within titration range), that is particularly useful for buffer preparation.
• Accepts input of dissociation constant in both formats: as a pK (-log K) values and as a K values in a regular scientific notation (1.23e-4). Empty field of dissociation constant would imply that this particular dissociation step is "strong" or complete.
• Long press on final pH field opens window showing corresponding values of pOH, [H+] and [OH-] at the point of interest.
• Application helps in preparation of buffer solution, since the volume of strong electrolyte, that must to be added to a weak electrolyte solution, can be derived from the plateau region of the titration curve.
Keywords: Acid, Base, titration, buffer, pH, chemistry, solution, neutralization reaction.
Tags: ph meter.
New feature was added: Application is able to estimate the titrant volume needed to achieve desired pH values (within titration range), that is particularly useful for buffer preparation. The field "pH value" is now editable and entered value will be translated into the new volume value of the titrant after clicking the "Calculate" button.
App provides pH and titrant volumes at equivalent points. Long press on final pH field shows corresponding pOH, [H+] and [OH-] values.