Places of Chemistry
500 - 1,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Royal Society of Chemistry
Places of Chemistry is a free app by the Royal Society of Chemistry which enables you to discover the location and story behind famous chemistry landmarks.
Where was penicillin discovered? Where was Michael Faraday an apprentice? Who was the first company to supply London with Gas? Use this easy and informative tool to find out more and plan your visit to key chemistry heritage locations.
Places of Chemistry is the perfect travel companion for those interested in finding out more about the history hidden in the places around them. Stepping into history you’ll be able to explore the chemistry that surrounds us finding out where scientists were born, lived, died and where they made ground breaking discoveries and navigate your way around 400 years of chemical history.
The Royal Society of Chemistry is world’s leading chemistry community. Supported by a worldwide network of members and an international publishing business, our activities span education, conferences, science policy and the promotion of chemistry to the public.
* Information and photos for each entry
* Audio guides for selected entries
* Hundreds of images, including precious historical documents
* View images in portrait or landscape orientation
* Maps integration for finding your way to locations of historical importance
* Find places near you
* Search the content for location, scientist’s name and their discoveries
* Explore the entries on the map
* Listen to audio guide whilst accessing the photos for the location
* Save your favourite entries
* Suggest new locations
* Share your favourite locations with friends via email, Facebook and Twitter
* Swipe up and down and side to side to view pages
* Currently includes locations based in London and the UK
* Enjoy the app even from the comfort of your home