Planet Finder +
1,000 - 5,000 downloadsAdd this app to your listsTweets por @Appszoom
· Astronomy Planetarium with the planets and 301 brightest stars
· Camera can be switched on / off
· Switch between automatic orientation (sensors) and manual orientation (touch and rotate / move screen)
· Choose to display 301, 51 or 1 star (sun and the planets)
· Plan your observations by time travelling the night sky 24 hours via the player interface
· Capture screen and share via facebook, twitter, email ...
· Switch to compass module
· Astronomy compass displaying the positions of the planets, the Sun, the Moon and Pluto
· Automatic orientation (sensors) or manual orientation of compass
· Real time information about the planets and the stars
· Real time information about the satellites of Jupiter and Saturn
· Real time information about the number of sunspots
· 3D display of the Solar System planets, the Moon and Pluto
· 3D display of most Solar System satellites
· Rise, transit and set times for the planets, the Sun, the Moon and Pluto
· Player interface to pause, rewind and fast forward the planets and stars positions
Extremely easy! Just launch the application to obtain an instant overview of the planets surrounding you. You're in the middle of the screen, on Earth, and the planets are being displayed around you. If a planet is above the Compass Ring and is highlighted, it's visible. If the planet is below the Compass Ring, towards the center of the Earth, it is shadowed and below your horizon.
Planet Finder + comes with an advanced Augmented Reality Camera: Just point your phone to the sky and Planet Finder + will instantly switch to Augmented Reality Mode. Spot planets and stars through your mobile camera, take a snapshot and share via facebook, email, twitter or MMS!
Interact with the Augmented Reality View by activating its Player. Play, pause, rewind and fast forward the Solar System. This will render the trajectories of the planets and the moons of Jupiter and Saturn.
You can also track planets, the Sun, the Moon and Pluto. Just follow the direction of the arrows and you'll spot your object in seconds!
Switch back to 2D Compass or Text View by lowering your mobile phone. From here you can share any pictures taken in AR mode.
With a simple screen touch you switch to a text view listing all planetary positions. (Direction, altitude and the phase of the inner Terrestrial planets and the Moon)
Get even more detailed information by touching a Planet Item in the list. Planet Magnitude real time data, apparent diameter, distance from earth, elongation and its constellation in the sky.
Hit the 3D Planet icon for a detailed 3D view of planet/moon texture and check out the real time positions of the moons of Jupiter and Saturn. (If observing through a refractor, flip the phone 180 degrees as it turns the view upside down).
Hit the RTD button to return to Animation Mode to play with scene lightening: zoom in/out or tilt the planetary systems. You can also study all moons in detail, and pause the animation.
Hit the RTS icon to display the planets rise/transit/set times or get the current number of sunspots by hitting the Sun 3D icon. Access the latest static information by tapping the Wiki icon.
If you have a new smart phone, it most likely has a Gyroscope Sensor. Planet Finder + uses this sensor in combination with your accelerometer and magnetometer. This means that Planet Finder + quickly responds to your movements providing a stable image and accurate readings.
The application can be installed on your phone SD card in order to save phone storage.
(open settings -> programs -> manage programs -> PlanetFinder+ -> move to sd)
(You'll need android version > 4.0.3 in order to use the camera in augmented reality mode.)
Tags: planet finder apk, milky way finder, milky way locator, milky way position locator, milkyway finder apps, planet finder, best software to find milky way, planets milky way, planetfinder.apk, what app to track milkyway in.
Improvments for tablets
bug fixes for sensor orientation
Freeze function added to compass module
Improved scale for compass module with circular scale lines
Option to remove scale lines
Improved design for compass directions
Minor code structural changes