Note down anything that you want to learn (foreign language vocabulary and grammar, law, economics etc.) on the http://www.pocketcram.com web site instead of a tiny phone screen, download it to your phone and store it into your long-term memory efficiently by repeating it whenever you have free time - on your daily commute, waiting in a queue, just at any time you feel like it. The information that you want to learn is stored in the form of flash cards - pairs of questions and answers.
★ Spaced repetition (SuperMemo 2) ★ Instead of simply repeating all your cards in a random order PocketCram lets you evaluate your performance and repeats the cards that you struggle to memorize more often while rarely bothering you with the cards that you learned easily. You don't waste your time with something that you already know. Alternatively, instead of following the spaced repetition schedule you can also repeat all your cards in random order or repeat only the cards that you failed to recall the last time.
★ Make cards on the web ★ You can create your cards comfortably on the http://www.pocketcram.com web site using your tablet, notebook or desktop computer with a big screen, real keyboard and the ability to easily copy and paste from web dictionaries or any electronic documents. No need to type them on tiny mobile phone keyboards. You can then download the cards to your phone and learn them when you have an opportunity.
• Check out this screenshot: http://www.pocketcram.com/images/webeditor.png
★ Keeping your cards safe ★ You can still create cards directly on your phone and upload them to the http://www.pocketcram.com web site so that they are backed up in case you lose your phone. The cards can be replicated in both directions between the http://www.pocketcram.com web site and your phone. Typically new cards that you create on the web are copied to the phone and modifications of cards that you made on the phone and changes in spaced repetition schedule are copied back to the server.
• You can still backup your cards as text files and send the files to your e-mail.
• Cards already made by other people can be imported from http://www.flashcardexchange.com, http://www.studystack.com, http://quizlet.com or from CSV, SuperMemo and Mnemosyne XML files.
• You can upload your own cards to http://www.flashcardexchange.com.
• When you are taking a quiz your phone can read questions aloud using text-to-speech capability and you can control the exam by simple touch swipes. You can keep your phone in your pocket, listen to the speech and control the learning process by touch without looking at the phone.
• You can be notified when you are supposed to learn cards according to the spaced repetition schedule - by Android system notifications, widgets and e-mail.
• When writing a card you can have its parts translated to a different language.
• Cards can be organized in tidy folders in case you want to learn many different subjects.
• You can enable swap of questions and answers during testing. Sometimes you will be given a question and asked to recall the corresponding answer and sometimes the opposite - you will be given the answer and asked to recall the corresponding question.
• You can temporarily "deactivate" one card or a group of flashcards if you plan to learn it in the future but you are not interested in learning it in the present time.
• You can watch your learning progress in three different graphs.
Tags: pocketcram flashcard, 中文flash card maker.
Recently changed in this version:
Automatic e-mail backup: automatically mail your cards so that your cards are always safely backed up in your mailbox.
Manual scheduling: when PocketCram tests your knowledge of a card you can choose precisely when the card is going to be tested again.
Improved integration with studystack.com and introduced integration with quizlet.com.
Detection of duplicate cards.
You can reset the learning statistics of all cards in a topic.
Fixed needless usage of phone CPU.