The QSchools app is a convenient way to receive up-to-the-minute information from and about schools.
While all schools are searchable using the app, the full app features are designed to integrate with the department’s preferred school website platform, to allow users to see when news, events and newsletters are posted to their selected school website. Users can also see other useful information provided by the school, such as tuckshop menus, uniform shop information, class times and the school’s and the department’s social media feeds.
The school community can also receive emergency announcements such as natural disasters and school closures through the app.
The QSchools app is particularly useful to parents who have students in different schools, as the app manages updates from multiple schools.
- Receive real-time notifications about school closures during natural disasters.
News, events and newsletters
- Access the latest information from your school
Tuckshop and uniform shop information
- Easily access your schools tuckshop menu and uniform shop information. Please note this is only available for schools that have activated the feature.
- Find schools using text search, postcode, school name, suburb or your current location.
- View school details including contact numbers, web address and other related information.
Departmental social media
- Learn more about state-wide initiatives, projects and events through the department’s integrated Facebook and Twitter feeds and YouTube channel ‘DETE TV’.
- Tuckshop, uniform shop and class times for schools who have activated the features
- School Facebook and/or Twitter feed
- Improved school name search with a new 'search as you type' feature
- A new browsable map of all schools with a predictive address search option
- Improved contact details for schools
- Links to Department of Education Training and Employment Facebook, Twitter and YouTube pages
- Link to school holidays and term dates information
- Ability to share and copy links