Quackenworth's Math Reference
by: Quackenworth Inc. • 0
This is the perfect app for students (and parents) who need a quick refresher or for students who require extra help with basic arithmetic, geometry, algebra, and statistics. Some subjects have interactive features. The app contains over twenty vital subjects required for mastery of basic and intermediate math concepts.
9 to 14
4 to 9
HOW CAN I USE THIS APP?
* For classroom assignments
* Homework help
* With study groups
* Simple, quick references on the go
* Test preparation
The app is split into two sections, Basic and Intermediate, and contains the following subjects:
* Angles – Acute, right, and obtuse. (interactive)
* Equivalents – Converting whole numbers, decimals, and fractions.
* Formulas – Perimeter, area (rectangle, triangle, circle) , radius/diameter/circumference of a circle, volume of a cube.
* Fractions – equivalent fractions
* Graphs – Bar, pie, and line graphs
* Lines – Characteristics of parallel, perpendicular, and intersecting lines.
* Math Words – Alternate words for addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
* Multiplication Facts – Multiplication facts 1-12.
* Numbers – Whole numbers, decimals, fractions, and prime numbers. (interactive)
* Place Value – Place value up to the billion’s place. (interactive)
* Polygons – Characteristics of a triangle, square, rectangle, pentagon, hexagon, and octagon.
* Square Roots – Common squares and square roots.
* Angles – Characteristics of complementary, supplementary, adjacent, and vertical angles
* Numbers – Characteristics of real, rational, integers, whole, and natural numbers. - Basic number properties: commutative, associative, distributive, and identity.
* Positive/Negative Numbers – Number line. Adding/subtracting/multiplying and dividing positive and negative numbers. Absolute value.
* Order of Operation – Demonstrates how to solve problems using Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally (PEMDAS)
* Quadrilaterals – Characteristics of a rectangle, square, trapezoid, parallelogram, and rhombus
* Scientific Notation – Demonstrates how to write numbers using scientific notation; coefficient, base, and exponent.
* Solid Figures – Formulas for cube, rectangular solid, and sphere.
* Statistics - Mode, median, and mean.