Salmonella: A Love Story
1 - 5 downloadsAdd this app to your listsTweets por @Appszoom
This story is a remake of the classic story, Cinderella. It was written by David Hollaway and illustrated by Jack Avetisyan. The story introduces readers to STEM concepts, with a high emphasis on science. Kids learn about the world of germs viruses, bacteria, etc.
* Read – Has animated characters for greater interactivity. Tap the screen to hear the narrator read in over 7 different character voices
* Watch – The app will read to the child while the fully animated story displays in the background
* Animated Scenes – High quality animated scenes and characters for more interactivity
* Vocabulary – Find exploding vocabulary words through out the story
* Behind the Scenes page with original sketches from the illustrator
* Story is professionally narrated
* Increased reading comprehension
* Writing –story starter for fracture fairy tales
* Increase listening skills
* Boys and girls ages 5 to 9
* Lovers of fractured fairy tales!
4 to 10
Overcoming obstacles, determination, confidence
Compare and contrast, Creative writing, fractured fairy tales
1. The story of Cinderella dates back to ancient Greece. Similar Cinderella stories are found in China, Japan, and Greece.
2. Hundreds of Cinderella stories are known throughout the world.
3. Germs are everywhere and most cannot be seen by the naked eye.
4. There are four major types of germs: bacteria, viruses, protozoa, and fungi.
5) Cavities and strep throat are caused by bacteria.
6) Colds are caused by viruses.
7) There are good and bad germs.
The Remix Series is a collection of fractured fairy tales. The current books include Salmonella: A Germ-Packed Love Story (Cinderella), The Three Little Figs (Three Little Pigs), Moldy Socks and the Three Little Hares (Goldilocks and the Three Bears), The Gingerbread Scam (Gingerbread Man), and the Silly Goats' Bluff (Three Billy Goats' Gruff).