Shakespeare by PlayShakespeare.com
50,000 - 100,000 downloads
- Lots of content about Shakespeare
- Easy to use
- The design could be better
An app dedicated to the popular playwright and his works
Shakespeare is an app to enjoy the famous playwright and his completed works any time you want (this is best used on a tablet). Learn more about his life, study his works, and analyze his poems and sonnets.
We love that you can change the theme (each color is a Shakespearean phrase) to comfortably read, and you can even underline characters in distinct colors.
If you're a Shakespeare fanatic, this app has discounts on events related to him, so don't hesitate to download this one!
The design isn't very professional, though it doesn't stop the app from being easy to use and helpful for those interested in good ol' Bill.
Translated by Anna Hetzel
• CUSTOMIZE YOUR READING EXPERIENCE by choosing from a variety of color combinations, change the font family and size, and jump around to different scenes.
• HIGHLIGHT CHARACTER LINES by color coding to more easily read them.
• STUDY UP to lear more about Shakespeare's life, Elizabethan theatres, and a chronology of the plays.
• DETAILED SCENE BREAKDOWNS give you an overview of the scenes within each play, their locations, and the characters present in each.
• SHAKESPEARE PASSPORT is your ticket to free and discounted Shakespeare events all of the world—just show the Passport on your device screen.
• QUALITY TEXTS are a top priority and our team spent over four years compiling and editing the best references available.
Works contained: All’s Well That Ends Well, Antony and Cleopatra, As You Like It, The Comedy of Errors, Coriolanus, Cymbeline, Double Falsehood, Edward III, Hamlet, Henry IV (Parts 1 & 2), Henry V, Henry VI (Parts 1-3), Henry VIII, Julius Caesar, King John, King Lear, Love’s Labours Lost, Macbeth, Measure for Measure, Merchant of Venice, Merry Wives of Windsor, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Much Ado About Nothing, Othello, Pericles, King Richard II, Richard III, Romeo and Juliet, Sir Thomas More, Taming of the Shrew, The Tempest, Timon of Athens, Titus Andronicus, Troilus and Cressida, Twelfth Night, Two Gentlemen of Verona, Two Noble Kinsmen, The Winter’s Tale, Sonnets, Venus & Adonis, Rape of Lucrece, A Lover’s Complaint, Passionate Pilgrim, Phoenix & Turtle, To the Queen
NEW! Bookmark your favorite speeches.
NEW! Character highlighting to easily show all of a character's lines
NEW! Study material about Shakespeare's life, play chronology, and Elizabethan theatres
NEW! Shakespeare Passport now included, your ticket to free and discount Shakespeare events all over the world
• Improved play texts
• Bug fixes
• Stability improvements and speed optimizations
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Anna Grace.
I like it
One time reed this book
I use this app on my iPad... This one is good too, but the Apple version, has more options than the Android one
I am great fan of Shakespeare. .. This app has all the works of Shakespeare. ..
Great shakespeare's collection
...because everyone needs to be able to bust out a good Shakespeare insult every now and then. "Sell when you can, you are not for all markets."
I have installed this app not for my learning but because of my project on shakespeare biography