Not your average sight words programme!
Intuitively designed for tablet use, Sight Tracker was tested by children with dyslexia and tracking difficulties during development. It contains preset word lists with 2 display modes -
* centred where the word appears horizontally and vertically centred on the screen or
* tracker where the words appear randomly in a different spot within a 3 x 3 (hidden) grid on the screen.
The intention of the tracker mode is to exercise the eyes to look or track to the word.
- Tap the word onscreen or use the arrows to move to the next word
- Words appear in random order
- Change settings on the fly (text case and size, word display location and list choice)
- Ad free!
Content is based on the
- Australian Curriculum high frequency words for Pre-primary and Year One.
This is one of the Australian Department of Education lists and consists of 100 most frequently used words in children’s reading material. It is important that these words be learnt by sight so that when a child begins their reading experience they are able to read connected text. Although these words don’t hold much meaning for children they are very important for the structure of a sentence and provide the glue that keeps meaningful words together so that it makes sense.
This list is widely used and was created in 1936 by William Edward Dolch. It comprises words that need to be easily recognised to achieve fluency in reading. Many of these words cannot be learnt by using pictures or sounded out using phonics – hence the term “sight words”.
By design, it does not have “bells and whistles” therefore allowing the user to concentrate on just the word.
There are no sound bites for these words in the base app because the focus is on “look and say” not “hear and repeat”.
Watch this space for the upgrade which includes
- sound for preset word lists
- add your own custom lists
- record your own sounds for custom lists
- quiz mode where the user has to listen to the word and choose the correct one from a list of words
- change font colour
- change background colour
For more information about us, please visit our website.
Your feedback is welcomed – if you have any comments to make about our apps whether negative or positive we would love to hear from you.