Simply Fractions 3, math games
50 - 100 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
Kids will learn visually how to add, subtract simple or mixed fractions with like denominators, multiply fractions by a whole number, solve word problems, learn about 10th and 100th based decimals, convert fractions to these decimals, compare the decimals, and add 10th based fractions to 100th based fractions.
The Full version has eight different mini activities. The lite version has 2 mini activities, no ads are served in either versions.
Here is a summary of the games:
1. Add fractions with like denominators, drag all the fractional pieces from the second operand to the first to see the visual model, then key in the right value. There are 4 levels of difficulty, from simple fractions to mixed fractions. This activity with all levels is available in the lite version also.
2. Subtract fractions with like denominators, take the fractional parts from the first operand to see the visual representation, then key in the right values. There are two levels of difficulty.
3. Multiply fraction by a whole number, drag all the fractional parts to the result panel to see the visual help, then key in the right values. There are two levels of difficulty.
4. Word problems, solve real world problems involving fractions using the add, subtract and multiply skills learned.
5. 10th and 100th. In this game, you are asked to shade 10th or 100th based fractions, you can also set the format to decimals, English word notation, or convert 10th to 100th or vice versa. This activity with all options is available in the lite version also.
6. Learn number line for 10th or 100th fractions and decimals.
7. Decimal sequence, compare decimals to hundredths and put them in order.
8. Add 10th and 100th, express a fraction with denominator 10 as an equivalent fraction with denominator 100, and use this technique to add two fractions with respective denominators 10 and 100.
This app is designed with the common core standard in mind and is optimized for both phones and tablets.
keywords: common core, fractions, third grade math, fourth grade math, fifth grade fractions,
1.1 Fixed issues related to sound loading (which might cause launch failure) on some devices
1.0 Initial Release.