10,000 - 50,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
What can you do with Smithsonian Mobile?
• Browse Smithsonian events and exhibitions, “favorite” the ones you like for later reference and log in via Facebook or Twitter to leave photos and comments about your experience.
• Find other mobile apps and websites for visiting our museums and dig deeper into our stories. Tour collection highlights, watch videos and listen to podcasts.
• What else do we have behind the scenes? Search our collections to make connections between museums, history, art and science. Or use the augmented reality (AR) to discover Smithsonian research centers, libraries and archives as well as museums around the world.
• We want to hear from you! You can log in via Facebook or Twitter to comment on our museums, collections, exhibitions and artifacts. Share your expertise or tips, or ask us questions.
• You will also find the basic information you need to help plan your trip, such as museum hours, locations, maps and floor plans, contact information, nearest Metro stations and ways to connect via social media.
Continually refreshed and renewed by both visitors and Smithsonian experts, there’s always a reason to come back to Smithsonian Mobile whether you’re on the National Mall, in a Smithsonian museum or beyond!
Developed for the Smithsonian by Tristan Interactive.
Update includes performance enhancements and minor bug fixes. In addition, the "Smithsonian that way" feature now includes the ability to filter for Smithsonian Affiliate Museums in your neighborhood."