Find interesting people, places and events in Spokane’s history, and take historical tours of the city. Each point on the interactive GPS-enabled map is an interpretive story that includes historical information about the site along with historic images from various regional archives and historical publications. Many sites also include short documentary videos or audio clips based on expert research or oral history interviews.
Spokane Historical is a collaborative project with interpretive stories developed by students and faculty in the Public History Program and Department of History at Eastern Washington University. You can find more information about Eastern Washington University’s Public History Program and its History Department on the web at: http://bit.ly/HngDuR .
• Interactive map with more than 75 geo-located stories and topics (at launch)
• Historic images
• Oral history audio
• Documentary videos
• Directions to each site using Google Maps
• Sharing with Facebook, Twitter, and email
• Search stories and browse tours or use the map to see nearby points of interest
• Historical content: Public History Program at Eastern Washington University.
• Project Director: Dr. Larry Cebula, Associate Professor of History, Eastern Washington University.
• Spokane Historical is powered by Curatescape (mobilehistorical.org), a mobile interpretive tool developed by the Center for Public History + Digital Humanities at Cleveland State University.
• The concept & technical development of Curatescape is led by Dr. Mark Tebeau and the CPHDH Team. Key funders for the initiative include Cleveland State University's Department of History, College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, Research Office, and Provost.
• Graphic design: Epstein Design Partners (epsteindesign.com)
• Software development: DXY Solutions (dxysolutions.com)
Copyright 2012 Curatescape: Dr. Mark Tebeau and Center for Public History + Digital Humanities. Spokane Historical content & stories: Dr. Larry Cebula and Eastern Washington University.
from 19 reviews