sTutor - GRE Vocab Lite
10,000 - 50,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Srijna, LLC
Some of sTutor GRE Vocab's salient features are:
- Supported on Phones and Tablets
- 250 words along with tagged most frequent words (5000 GRE words in Pro version)
- Deck concept that helps you study in a phased manner (1 deck in Lite vs. 20 decks in Pro)
- Filtering and customizations to suit individual needs and learning style
- Adaptive and Alphabetical study modes
- Fixed Time and Fixed Count test
- Audio book mode
- Images from Google and word details from Dictionary.com for enhanced learning
- Progress stats for Study and Test
- 4 levels to track your knowledge
- Tag words so that you can revisit them later
sTutor GRE Vocab is based on extensive research in human-learning patterns and behavior. It has been designed and developed by investing 1000s of hours. To help you plan your GRE preparation, we have arranged 5000 words into 20 uniform decks (In Pro version) so that you can pick and choose your study material. Each word is presented in a 'Flash card' format which can be customized based on your preferences. You can mark each word based on ‘how well you know the word’ by using copyrighted knowledge levels of 'Barely', 'Fairly', 'Nearly' and 'Surely' in an increasing order. Our algorithm repeats the least known and difficult words more than the easier ones so that you do not waste your time on the words you already know. Audio book mode allows learning during long drives, boring college lectures or waiting for a date etc. You can test your knowledge by taking our adaptive quiz in using fixed timer or the fixed count. You can quickly go through all the words using Browse and assign knowledge levels. Search for a particular word using our Lookup option from our dictionary or using internet. For better memory retention, you can get Google Images and additional details from Dictionary.com for a given word. Progress gives you a snapshot summary and lets you set GRE target completion date to track against.
- Please visit us at sTutor.com to see feature details, user examples, get support and new feature suggestions.
- As you know, new models of Android phones are released frequently, we test sTutor GRE Vocab app on some models including Samsung Galaxy Tab, HTC Desire, HTC Nexus, HTC Legend and Samsung Galaxy S etc. We do see users using this successfully on variety of models.
- If you face any issue in using sTutor GRE Vocab, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org before a negative rating our app. Our developers will promptly work with you to resolve your problem.
- If you like our sTutor GRE Vocab, please support with a positive rating (we will appreciate a 5 star rating), spread the word through social media and by informing friends and family. We have provided feedback menu to make it easier.
- We will appreciate new feature suggestions and corrections on words using “Send Corrections” on Study tab.
- The sTutor GRE Vocab Lite version is ad supported (please visit our sponsors by clicking ads) or encourage development of new features and apps by buying our Pro version for true meaning of a “Smart” phone.
Pro version key will provide access to these additional 19 decks with a total of 5000 words rather than 1 deck of 250.
Tags: stutor, stutor gre vocab lite, gre vocab words app htc, stutor gre voca pro issues.
- Support for tablets (tested on Motorola, Sony and Asus tablets)
- Support for Landscape mode
- Audio Book now reads Antonym/Synonyms
- Crash when flipping through words when Audio mode is on
- Other Bug fixes