An educational game to teach useful vocabulary, suitable for students from grade 2 onwards and those studying English as a second language. This game uses 50 photos to teach the names of 50 different types of building found in both town and country.
Students hear a word spoken and choose the matching photo. After six right in a row, Race Mode starts automatically. It asks questions at speed to test the students' memory and comprehension of the words just covered, before continuing with new words. At the end of the race, students can see how well they have done relative to their other races. The game gradually focuses on any words that the students have difficulty recognizing, and speeds up as competence is gained.
By contrast to Race Mode, Story Mode slowly introduces new words by saying them as the photos are shown, allowing students to quietly look, listen and learn.
The game is controlled by on-screen gestures which are simple to demonstrate and easy to use, and the game can be played without voice prompts.
* 50 photos of buildings
* Race Mode tests memory and comprehension against the clock
* Story Mode allows students to look, listen and learn
* Slideshow Mode displays all the photos in alphabetical order
* Zoom and Pan Mode magnifies the images to see more detail
* Easy on-screen gestures to control the game
* Context-sensitive help
* No push advertising and no internet connection required.
The paid version of this app has much higher resolution photos than the free versions.
Tags: types of buildings and names