The first class to graduate from Tuscarawas Valley High School was the class of 1957 which attended the Bolivar Elementary building. The Tuscarawas Valley Local School district was a consolidation of the Bolivar, Mineral City, and New Cumberland school districts. As a matter of fact our school colors come from those schools... red from Bolivar (Cardinals), black from Mineral City (Tigers), and white from New Cumberland (Eagles).
The building of the new junior/senior high school started in 1960.The dedication of the new high school building was held on January 21, 1962 allowing the class of '62 to be the first to graduate from the new building. In 1996, the new middle school was opened and the junior high moved to its new location.
Tags: tuscarawas valley class 1962 , local free apps tuscarawas valley , tuscarawas valley schools logo