★★ This app is only for those who have a special access code. ★★
The Merriam-Webster’s Core English-English-Korean Dictionary is a perfect and reliable reference source for English learners.
The dictionary is based on Merriam-Webster’s Advanced Learner’s dictionary – the authoritative dictionary from Merriam-Webster, America's foremost publisher of language-related reference works, and includes:
• about 100,000 words and phrases
• over 160,000 usage examples that include synonymous words and phrases shown within brackets
• over 22,000 idioms, verbal collocations, and commonly used phrases
• over 700 words illustrated to be explained clearly and simply.
• The English definitions are given using 3,000 core vocabulary words.
• Over 26,000 audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers (available for English).
• Convenient search feature allows you to look up words more efficiently throughout the whole dictionary content, including headwords, usage examples and idioms.
• Three input methods make dictionary word look-ups more convenient than ever. Search by voice with Google Voice recognition service, take a picture of text and translate it with Google Goggles, or enter the word with your own handwriting using Paragon's PenReader handwriting recognition technology..
• Easy copy-and-paste functions allow unknown words or phrases to be copied from an active application like the web browser or email to the clipboard, and automatically translated by switching back to dictionary.
• Translate unknown words or phrases from any application, including web browser or email, using the Share button. The feature allows you to send copied text to the dictionary directly and get the translation in one click! (Available for OS 4.0 and higher).
• English morphology module helps to translate words in any grammatical form.
• Word of the Day—a random dictionary definition daily.
• Lightning-fast new engine allows dictionary entries to open as soon as you click with no delays.
• Favorites - to quickly access frequently searched words.
• Dictionary installation on SD card.
• Search History feature shows the last 100 words looked up.
• Hyperlinks between articles.
• Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort.
• No Internet connection required.
About Merriam-Webster Inc.
Noah Webster’s first dictionary was published in 1806, and Merriam-Webster Inc. acquired the rights to revise and publish Noah Webster’s dictionaries in 1843. Since then, Merriam-Webster has maintained an ongoing commitment to innovation, scholarship, and love of language. Each Merriam-Webster dictionary is the product of extensive research and painstaking writing and editing conducted by the largest group of full-time lexicographers in North America. Today, the company continues as the leader in language reference publishing with bestselling reference books and electronic references, popular Web sites and a range of licensed products.
For more information, visit www.coredictionary.com
Tags: Merriam, Webster, Merriam-Webster, Core, English, Korean, English-Korean, English-English-Korean, language, Korea, dictionary, definition, translation, translator, explanatory, vocabulary, usage examples, grammar, reference, word meaning, pronounce, English audio, study, student, university, teacher, MW, phrasebook, Yoons, book, books