Word Wit makes it fun and easy to learn — and remember — the difference between life's most vexing word choices. The goal: Never mix up those confusing words again! And when it comes to your writing, you'll have new confidence.
Word Wit presents learning in small bites, with complementary and mutually reinforcing parts:
- A list of commonly confused word pairs
- An incisive explanation
- A quote
- A quiz
WHO IS WORD WIT FOR?
- ELL (English Language Learners) and ESL (English as a Second Language)
- Adults who want to solidify their word usage knowledge
- Students and teachers (middle school and up) who want a fun classroom supplement
- Employees who need to improve their writing skills
- Schools or corporations interested in remedial or supplemental writing tools for everyone
READ & LEARN
Enjoy "leafing through" Word Wit. Find words that are tricky for you. See how we explain even pairs you think you know.
Word mavens, you may think you already know every confusing word pair in this basic list. But — can you Master It in the quiz?
- Quiz questions are designed to deepen your sense of the word pair's differences.
- Wrong answers cycle back so you can try again.
- Plans are in the works for free upgrades with more content and more game features. Stay tuned!
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU: Ballpoint is committed to our users, and to making the Learning and Play features compelling. Can we improve a description? Got a juicier quote? Do you have ideas for advancing the game?
As you Learn and Play with Word Wit, we invite you to tell us what you think via email: firstname.lastname@example.org