1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Social networking features: chat, profile, inbox,...
- Trophies and game stats
- Access Playstation store, buy games and download them to your PS4 on-the-go
- Use your smartphone as on-screen keyboard
- Needs wider device compatibility
PlayStation Official App unleashes a rich second-screen experience for PlayStation Network users.
Sony has worked pretty hard to boost the second screen experience on its next-gen of videogames console. The outcome is this app: a full-featured mobile extension with social networking functionality.
First off, it includes the usual social networking features: add friends, chat, edit profile, inbox, check ours and others’ trophies and game ratings and, finally, watch streaming game footage posted by our friends.
In addition, it pushes Playstation Network alerts about news, releases, friends’ activity and game notifications directly to our smartphone or tablet.
Your smartphone keyboard can now be used as on-screen keyboard for the console which makes possible chatting without a pad and way easier inputting data for those games that support it.
Besides that, the groundbreaking feature is that now players can access the PlayStation Store from the app, buy games and start downloading them on the PS4 while on-the-go.
The app is set in a minimalist yet intuitive user interface that actually reminds PlayStation dashboard. It's neat and polished and runs smoothly. The only catch: it needs a wider device compatibility. Besides, the app you must install if there's a Playstation standing on your living room.
Take your PlayStation® experience with you on your mobile device with the new PlayStation®App! Always be ready to game with features that keep you connected to your gaming friends and the games you love to play. Push games from PlayStation®Store to your PS4™ system and be ready to game at home.
With the PlayStation®App installed on your mobile device, you can:
· See what your friends are playing, compare trophies, and view your profile or recent activity.
· Chat with your friends; receive notifications, game alerts, and invitations, and then use your mobile device as an on-screen keyboard for your PS4™ system.
· Browse PlayStation®Store, pick-up the latest hit games and add-ons, and then push them to your PS4™ system so they are ready when you get home.
· Take advantage of the in-app second-screen features, when available, for greater challenges and control.
· Quickly access PlayStation® system guides, manuals, and PlayStation.Blog.
A Sony Entertainment Network account and PS4™ system are required to use all of this application's features.
This application has been updated.
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Must have app if you own a PS4. I love it.
Great ideal. First off can't really control much of anything. Messages are cool. Need to add controller app I.e. play stop rw and ff. Also needs better interface. Make it feel like ps4 cross bar. Maybe have two separate apps for ps3 and ps4. I'm sure thi
Needs to notificate your phone once you get a message it only sends a message if you're signed in on the PlayStation app please work on it
Store needs to be in app not take you to website, needs to show status of downloads too
Does everything but play your ps4 games. That is what the PS vita is for
Every option opens up my browser. Don't really see the point.
This app has a lot of potential. It gets the job done, but it seems like it's taking a different art direction than the PS4 UI. It should have the menus closer to the "what's new" area on PS4. And get rid of the links page and make all of that something y