A Game of Thrones Guide
10,000 - 50,000 downloads
- Official guide
- Quality illustrations
- Variety of maps
- Amount of info and high level of detail
- Some sections have no info still
- It needs to update more frequently
+ By Random House LLC
The only official Game of Thrones guide you can find on your mobile.
A Game Of Thrones Guide is the official guide of Game of Thrones, and has been developed by Random House, the publisher of the "A Song of Ice and Fire" book series, with help from the author. In other words, it's the best source of info out there on the world created by George R.R. Martin.
You can browse around the map and discover all the places mentioned in the books, get to know the main characters (and some lesser known ones) and a great deal more about the Seven Kingdoms, The Free Cities and the lands beyond the Wall. Don't forget that the information found here is based on the books, so some stuff might not fit in completely with the TV series. The app updates itself frequently.
It's the official guide of Game of Thrones and boasts Random House books as its publisher and even has George R.R. Martin himself involved. The quality of illustrations, the variety of maps and amount of information are its main strengths.
The app is still not finished. It has some sections that still don't contain any info.
** Now includes all of the officially released excerpts from The Winds of Winter and The World of Ice & Fire book.
** We are not asking users to repurchase books you have already read. The InfoPacks contain exclusive guide content that was written especially for the app and include the official interactive maps not included in the books. Plus the app allows you to search for and find profiles of people and places without having to go through each book in the series.
** If you are experiencing issues with in-app purchases, see the FAQ below for simple steps to resolve the problem.
Get the ONLY OFFICIAL A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE / A GAME OF THRONES APP from George R.R. Martin: Hundreds of detailed character bios, interactive maps, and anti-spoiler protection!
A WORLD OF ICE AND FIRE is the first official app guide to George R. R. Martin’s bestselling cycle. Whether you’re reading the books or watching the television series, you’ll want this definitive companion with profiles of 600+ characters, 550+ places, and major houses, as well as interactive world maps.
The app comes with plenty of features you won’t find anywhere else:
- Anti-spoiler functionality that you can customize based on where you are in the book cycle to prevent you from seeing spoilers
- Completely new text written specially for this app by Elio M. García, Jr. and Linda Antonsson of Westeros.org – the premier fan site for the A Song of Ice and Fire cycle
A WORLD OF ICE AND FIRE includes over a thousand pages of information, making it the definitive guide to the series:
- 600+ character profiles with detailed historical bios, family and house information, book appearances, and corresponding actor roles
- 550+ place profiles with descriptions for castles, towns, regions, geographical features and more
- Fully interactive versions of all the official maps from the A Song of Ice and Fire Cycle, including the Known World Map
- Gorgeous artwork depicting key characters and important places from within the world
Test drive the app for free and get 8 POV characters from A Game of Thrones and an interactive map of Westeros. Buy one InfoPack for each book – or buy all 5 at once and save a dollar. Get all-new information for free every time an InfoPack is updated.
1. If you are experiencing problems with unlocking the content and in-app purchases, follow these steps in order:
- Uninstall the app from your device
- Shut off your device -- sometimes if you've had it on for quite a while it will start to do odd things
- Restart your device and redownload the app from the Google Play app store
- Click the restore purchases button in the WOIAF app -- this will restore any info packs you have already purchased.
2. If you run into any issues with content or images not appearing, here is a recommended fix: In the settings menu on your device, go into the Applications menu, then select the World of Ice and Fire app. Under "Storage" click the "Clear Data" and "Clear Cache" buttons. Then do a force-stop of the app. You can click the "Restore Purchases" button in the Books Read menu to restore all content.
For any other issues, please email us at email@example.com.
** Now including updated instructions for the new Journeys feature! Track 25 characters as they travel through the Known World and prevent spoilers by using book and chapter filters.
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
One of my favorite apps for one of my favorite book series! It's a dense, complicated series and this app is a wonderful tool for cross referencing and keeping characters, locations and geography straight. Incredible!
The app has crashed every time I try to load it recently, but I love it when it works....
Great resource. Worth the money to unlock everything. Easy to look up with. Very helpful reading companion.
If you like the show and would like to invest more intrest in what exist deeper in the story then by all means get this app. I find it fun and informative.
Hodor hodor hodorhodor hodor hodor. Hodor, hodor hodor! Hodor hodor HODOR.
Lots of info, but the maps need to operate better