CacheHound is a paperless geocaching application. It has been designed so that it is equally capable of working in tandem with a stand-alone GPS unit that may have minimal support for geocaching, or as a fully self contained application on your Android device.
* No need to turn on android GPS and run batteries down after 2 hours. Use all day!
* Works without 3g/data connection or with intermittent connections. No problems when deep in the forest!
* Can be used as a stand-alone application for short trips, or more extended with external power supply, e.g. in car.
* Integrates with third-party applications such as Google Navigation, Radar, and Locus and RMaps.
* Load local database from gpx, zip, or loc files (Geocaching, BCaching and GSAK formats supported)
* Full local cache details, including logs and additional waypoints.
* Ability to add child waypoints such as the final coordinates for multi-caches and to navigate to them
* Add user notes to waypoints, to record clues for multi-caches and puzzles for example.
* List all downloaded waypoints filtered by user criteria.
* Show all filtered waypoints on Google Maps, with satellite view option.
* Download waypoint details to the database "on the fly"
* Log finds to local database for field note export, including details of trackable movements, or direct to geocaching.com website.
* No need to 'remember' where you picked up or dropped off trackables
* Integrated voice recognition for audio logging (3g connection dependent)
Tags: hound 3 , cache hound , geocaching mit samsung galaxy s , cache hound help