On the CacheLab website you can copy and paste waypoint formulas from geocaching.com or other geocaching websites quickly and transfer them to the Android phone. On the way CacheLab will ease the gathering of variables at the different stages. It will use the variable data to compute the coordinates of the next stages automatically. The app provides a compass view and google maps for navigating to the waypoints.
The newly created waypoint formulas can be published at the CacheLab server to make them available for other users. You can use these published caches for your own tour by doing a few clicks and save a lot of time. Gathered values will not be transfered, so that other users will still remain challenged.
CacheLab has also a seperate scripting console. You might need to use it for complicated computation.
- Storing waypoint data for different multicaches on the device (offline)
- Easy definition of waypoint formulas
- In-app navigation via compass or Google Maps
- Strong scripting engine with numerous mathematical functions, coordinates-projection and triangulation, measuring distance and bearing and much more
- Online database with waypoint formulas. Caches can be published and used by other CacheLab users
- Online community with support, hints, feature requests,...
Added String support to the scripting language.
Added if statement and boolean algebra to the scripting language.
Non-scalar variables (like coordinates) can now be used in formulas
Added + and - support for coordinates-variables in formulas
Added paddigit() and several coordinates-generation functions to scripting language
Added private stage notes and support for taking stage pictures