DirecTV Remote+ Shortcut Addon
100,000 - 500,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
** ATTENTION **
This app is an ADD-ON for DirecTV Remote+ Pro from Cognitial Mobile. The DirecTV remote apps themselves require networked DirecTV HD satellite receivers and/or DVRs. See those apps for supported models and be sure to get the other app installed and working before attempting to use this app.
You cannot "open" this app after installation. It is used to create shortcuts to remote buttons, favorites, macros and even a direct link to the Mini-Guide on your home screen.
While this add-on will allow you to create shortcuts with only the free version of DirecTV Remote installed, please note that they will not function. This allows you to somewhat test the feature before purchasing the Pro version.
If you like this app, please rate it! I'll continue to update and improve this app whether you rate it or not but great ratings make me feel all warm and fuzzy!
If you have problems or requests please contact me through email as it is very difficult to properly respond in the comments section.
** REQUIREMENTS **
1) Working installation of DirecTV Remote+ Pro* from Cognitial Mobile (see more by Cognitial Mobile below)
2) An SD card (removable or non-removable) must be installed so that this add-on can retrieve your DirecTV Remote app settings
* This add-on app will still allow you to create shortcuts even if only the free version is installed but please note that they only function if the PRO version is installed.
** USAGE **
Note: You cannot "open" this app. You create shortcuts with it!
1) Long-press on your home screen and choose the option to add a SHORTCUT (though NOT a normal 'application' shortcut). This step may vary by device. Some devices require more steps, others are worded differently such as 'Long-press > Shortcut' or 'Long-press > Shortcuts > App Actions', etc. Some newer Android devices may even have it listed under Widgets. (Press in the upper-right corner of newer Android versions/tablets, select the Widgets tab, then find the Shortcut Add-on widget and add it to your home screen then press the widget to configure the shortcut).
2) Choose DirecTV Remote Command from the list of available shortcuts
3) Choose what type of DirecTV remote shortcut to create (Remote Button, Favorite Channel, Macro or Mini-Guide)
4) Choose your options then press Create
5) You can now send that button, channel or macro to the receiver right from your home screen. No need to even open the DirecTV Remote app!
** ALTERNATE USAGE **
This add-on app can also be used in conjunction with other apps such as Tasker (using a shortcut plugin) to automate repetitive tasks!
** IMPORTANT **
If you decide to specify the destination receiver for the shortcut (as opposed to 'whichever was used last') then it is strongly recommended that you use static IP addresses or DHCP Reservation. Since you are allowed to change receiver names in the Pro version, specified destinations are based on the receiver's IP address, not its name. The support site has more information on how to set your receivers to do this. If the receivers are not using static or reserved addresses then the shortcuts with specified receivers will need to be recreated if the IP address changes.
** SUPPORTED SHORTCUTS **
* All actual DirecTV Remote buttons that are supported in the app (except Slow Motion).
* All of your favorite channels and macros (including the built-in CC On/Off macros).
* Mini-Guide (launches the mini-guide without opening the full app).
* "Reboot" command (found under Remote Buttons). Reboot any receiver with one press of a shortcut.
** SHORTCUT ICONS **
Custom images can be used for the shortcuts that this add-on creates. See website FAQ for more information.
DirecTV, Remote, Direct, TV, Satellite, Add-on
Tags: directv remote shortcuts 2012, скачать directv remote ad remover для андроида, short cut app directv, add apps to directv.
* Fixed: False error message when sending IR commands on Galaxy devices (Thanks Jared!)
* Added support for sending DirecTV commands using IR (Samsung & HTC where available)
* Pressing on shortcuts/widgets now provides haptic feedback if that option is set in the main app
* Added ability to create volume, mute and input button shortcuts (Volume Plugin required)
* Favorite Channel shortcuts can now use custom icons (SD card required. See website FAQs for more information.)