DirecTV Remote+ Volume Plugin
50,000 - 100,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
You MUST have either DirecTV Remote+ Free or Pro installed to open this app. See those apps for supported models and be sure to get the other app installed and working before attempting to use this app.
MOST people will be unable to control volume with ANY app. That is just the way it is. See website for a detailed explanation. Essentially you either need a network-controllable television, a network-to-IR device, or a phone/tablet capable of emitting IR signals. Unfortunately all of these are somewhat rare. I'm the only DirecTV Remote developer who has even attempted volume control and the reason is simple: It's much easier said than done!
For more info and help on configuring this plugin, see the FAQ at http://goo.gl/42uoav
** CURRENTLY SUPPORTED DEVICES **
* Global Cache iTach Net-to-IR device
* Any IR device connected through HomeSeer
* Built-in IR on HTC One devices (supports IR learning)
* Built-in IR on select Samsung Galaxy devices
* Built-in IR on select LG devices
* Built-in IR on select Sony XPeria devices
USING NETWORK (IP CONTROL):
* Panasonic Viera televisions (2011+)
* Philips televisions (2011+)
* Samsung televisions (C series +)
* Sharp Aquos televisions
* Denon or Marantz AVRs (newer models)
* Onkyo AVRs
* Yamaha AVRs (newer models)
* TV brands/models that support a standard protocol using UPnP
* More will come eventually. Send me an email to add yours to the list... but ONLY if it can be controlled over a network. There is no way I can guarantee that support will ever be added for your brand but I will try.
If you find this app useful please rate & review it. Normally I wouldn't say that the more ratings I get the more I will update it, but with a project like this that is pretty much the case. Low interest means little incentive to improve on it.
** REQUIREMENTS **
1) Working installation of DirecTV Remote+ (Free or Pro)* from Cognitial Mobile. If you do not have either app installed, you cannot run this app at all!
2) An SD card (removable or non-removable) must be installed so that this plugin can retrieve your DirecTV Remote app settings.
3) A supported device as listed above.
* This plugin app will still allow you create and test volume profiles even if only the free version is installed but please note that they only function from the PRO version of the DirecTV Remote+ app.
AGAIN: MOST people will not be able to control volume from any app due to technological limitations. This is not my fault and there is nothing I can do about it. People who can use an app to control volume probably already know this. If you are not sure, then you probably cannot.
Google Group (join for potential beta testing):
DirecTV, Remote, Direct, TV, AVR, Satellite, Plugin, Volume
Tags: direc tv remote volume plug in.
* Fixed problem with Samsung network control (Thanks Gabe and Michael!)
* Fixed: New profiles created using Android IR API control method failed to apply IR presets during setup resulting in all test buttons being grayed out. (Thanks Frank!)
* Fixed crash when scanning for networked televisions and AVRs.
* Fixed: IR detection failure on KitKat/Custom ROMs. If affected, please change your existing IR control method to the new 'Android IR API' control method. (Thanks James!)