5,000,000 - 10,000,000 downloads
- Manage DVR
- Watch premium shows
- Streaming very buggy
- Limited channels available
+ By DIRECTV, LLC
Set up your DVR and watch DirecTV from your phone.
The DirecTV app lets you manage your DVR from anywhere you have internet or data. You can set to record or extend finish time so if the game runs over, you don't miss the last quarter. It also allows you to watch *some* of your favorite shows and recordings, although this feature is very glitchy. While it has a very limited amount of channels available to watch on the go, it does give you access to most of the premium favorites.
The app lets you manage your DVR from anywhere so you never miss your favorite show. You can modify record times and watch a limited amount of channels from your phone.
The app does not give you access to the majority of what you record or the channels you can watch at home. Even if it did, the streaming feature is buggy at best.
Limited programming available. Additional charges may apply. Available for customers in the USA only.
- Watch thousands of your favorite movies and shows On Demand at home or on the go with HBO®, Cinemax®, Starz®, Encore®, Showtime®, Nickelodeon, HGTV, Comedy Central and more.
- Set your DVR to record your favorite shows from anywhere.
- Browse programs without interrupting what you are currently watching on TV.
- Get program descriptions, cast & crew info, photos, recommendations & parental ratings.
- Watch thousands of your favorite shows and movies on demand right on your Android phone.
- Tap “Live TV” to see a list of channels available to watch on your phone within your home and select channels inside or outside your home.
- Set parental controls, and enjoy peace of mind over what your children are watching.
- Browse and discover thousands of On Demand titles.
- Search for DIRECTV CINEMA movies based on categories.
- Search for any television show up to 14 days in advance, view top picks of the week, and sort by programs you can watch on your Android phone.
- Record shows by a single episode or entire series to any DIRECTV DVR in your home.
- Add additional time to the start or end of a recording request or select to manually record a channel for a specific amount of time.
- Set recordings for DIRECTV CINEMA movies to watch on your home TV any time. Order movies and events without your receiver connected to a phone line.
- Manage your account.
- Instant access to Mobile Answer Center link for FAQs.
- Browsing functionality is available to everyone.
- Recording functionality is available to DIRECTV customers with a DVR only.
- Compatible with most Android phones running 4.0 or later.
- DIRECTV customers must have a residential home account registered on the DIRECTV website to watch On Demand content and access recording functionality.
- Watching On Demand content requires an active Wi-Fi or 3G Internet connection. For best performance, connect to a strong Wi-Fi signal.
- Available content is based on your current programming package and premium service. Not all content is available to stream at this time.
- Live TV Streaming in-home only channels requires a Wi-Fi connection to your home network and a DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR (models R22, and HR20 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection.
-- Scheduling a recording requires a Wi-Fi, or 3G/4G Internet connection and a DIRECTV Plus® DVR or HD DVR. Receivers do not require phone or Internet connection to schedule a recording.
- On Demand scheduling requires a DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR (model HR20 or later or R22) connected to the Internet.
- Tips, Tricks and Customer Support are available on the DIRECTV website
For complete details on technical requirements, please visit: https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3426/
This DIRECTV App features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to
http://www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information about this Nielsen measurement feature.
New Live Streaming Channels Added! Enjoy 15 new HBO® and Cinemax® channels live on your device. Plus additional performance enhancements and bug fixes.
Some lists where this application appears: APP Android.
I just use it to log on to watch cartoonnetwork
Everytime i click on a movie the data warning message pops up please eliminate that. It is very annoying to see that everytime I want to look at a movie
I like the ability to schedule records from anywhere. I dislike the "live streaming" feature. As others have noted, it's very limited unless you are at home on the same network as your receiver. The other issue I have is, I get the message "in order to tune to this channel, your phone must be connected to the same network as your receiver" and the "watch on phone" bar is greyed out. My phone IS on
Update 2015: still sucks with new WiFi "insufficient bandwidth" error. Sucks! Too many "not available now" messages when I try live streaming. Just too many!