Guitar : Solo Lite
10,000,000 - 50,000,000 downloads
- Quite acceptable screentouch response
- Configurable chords button grid
- Cool sound
- Screentouch response just on fast movements in the same string
- Works better ver tablets (screensize)
- Limited features on the free version
+ By Coding Caveman
Guitar: Solo Lite is a guitar emulator with defined guitar chords
Guitar: Solo Lite is an emulator but not a substitute of an acoustic guitar, and that's something that has to be quite cleared. The chords are defined and set in buttons and you may switch easy from one to another. The sound is quite good as well as the screentouch, and that's what makes it so interesting. You won't learn how to play with this app, but if you're a beginner you will get used to each chords sounds. If you already know how to play is an interesting tool to easily get some new ideas.
It has a huge chord library (which is the same than in the full version). You can create and load custom chords layouts. There are lots of settings to customize your playing style: for example, you can set the chords you want to have in the grid of buttons.
Guitar has been developed by Coding Caveman, an emerging developer who has just launched the free and the paid version of this app. It has a promising future since this one is really well developed.
As we said, trying to play guitar in a phone or a tablet has a two obvious catches: the screensize and the screentouch. However, this app has been thought to be useful even with those limitations. It's not a substitute of a guitar, it's a complementary tool. And its highly recommendable.
This is a free demo version and includes:
* Great, authentic sounding acoustic guitar
* The same huge chord library available in the full version, with chord diagrams
* Hear and see how each chord is played.
* Strumming playing style, or pinger picking on a fret board supported
* Play with a capo to fit your vocal range
* Create and load custom chord layouts
* Uses Immersion’s MOTIV haptic effects for advanced haptic feedback
* Many settings to customize to your playing style
Also available in the full version, or in this app through in-app purchases:
* Classical guitar, 12 string guitar and electric guitars, each with authentic sound
* Create your own chords
* Play along to any music loaded on your phone
* Get chord and lyric overlays from the web - excellent for teaching yourself new songs to play
* Create, load and save chord layouts for your favourite songs
* Customize the UI to fit your playing style
* Record and export what you play to save ideas for later use
Solo Lite is a freemium app, that is ad supported and it uses in app purchases to obtain full version features. (Don't hate me, even developers have to make a living :). For this, the app requires a few extra permissions (these are in the Lite version only, the full version has no ads or extra permissions). Below is a description of how these permissions are used:
Required permissions for Solo Lite and the full version:
INTERNET ACCESS - Used for downloading lyric overlays, syncing purchased features, in-app billing and ads
VIEW NETWORK STATE - Solo checks if internet connection is up and enables/disables online features as appropriate
STORAGE - Used to backup/restore chords on the SD Card
Permissions only required in Solo Lite. These are not used in the full version:
READ PHONE STATE AND IDENTITY - Only used to access the device ID. Solo does NOT access phone calls, etc. only the device ID (needed to uniquely identify the device and sync previously upgraded features)
The "Read phone state and identity" permission doesn't give devs access to passwords or other personal identity information. The only id obtained from this is the phone's IMEI number, which is a unique serial number tied to every device with a sim card. Knowing this number does not give devs access to any personal information, it only provides a way for us to reliably distinguish between different devices.
GET_ACCOUNTS - This is used by GetJar to identify users across multiple devices. This way, features upgraded through GetJar will still be available if you change your phone and reinstall the app on a new device. It is also used by in app billing to link purchases with your email account.
GET_TASKS - Used by the GetJar SDK. Not used any longer, but retained to support users who previsouly upgraded features via GetJar.
BILLING - Used for in-app purchases through Google Play and Samsung
COARSE LOCATION - Approximate network based location only. Used to serve more useful ads.
SYSTEM WINDOW - Used to show an ad on exit instead of on start-up. This makes the app start faster.
Fixed bug where full version upgrades had to be synced on every restart
Fixed Fret Mode zombie pointer drawing bug
Replaced GetJar upgrades with Google Play In-App Purchases
Replaced some start-up ads with ads on exit, for faster app loading
Fixed bug preventing some users from retrieving previous upgrades through GetJar
Important security update
Reduced app size
New Audio Engine for Android 4.3+ devices
* PLEASE SEE APP DESCRIPTION FOR INFO REGARDING PERMISSIONS
Thank you very much
I'll give it 60 stars if I could
You can't play chords on it you can't play songs