Guitar : Solo Lite
10,000,000 - 50,000,000 downloads
- Quite acceptable screentouch response
- Configurable chords button grid
- Cool sound
- Screentouch response just on fast movements in the same string
- Works better ver tablets (screensize)
- Limited features on the free version
+ By Coding Caveman
Guitar: Solo Lite is a guitar emulator with defined guitar chords
Guitar: Solo Lite is an emulator but not a substitute of an acoustic guitar, and that's something that has to be quite cleared. The chords are defined and set in buttons and you may switch easy from one to another. The sound is quite good as well as the screentouch, and that's what makes it so interesting. You won't learn how to play with this app, but if you're a beginner you will get used to each chords sounds. If you already know how to play is an interesting tool to easily get some new ideas.
It has a huge chord library (which is the same than in the full version). You can create and load custom chords layouts. There are lots of settings to customize your playing style: for example, you can set the chords you want to have in the grid of buttons.
Guitar has been developed by Coding Caveman, an emerging developer who has just launched the free and the paid version of this app. It has a promising future since this one is really well developed.
As we said, trying to play guitar in a phone or a tablet has a two obvious catches: the screensize and the screentouch. However, this app has been thought to be useful even with those limitations. It's not a substitute of a guitar, it's a complementary tool. And its highly recommendable.
It's ideal for jamming sessions when you don't have your guitar with you, or an excellent reference for when you do!
This is a free demo version and includes:
* Great, authentic sounding acoustic guitar
* The same huge chord library available in the full version
* Create and load custom chord layouts
* Uses Immersion’s MOTIV haptic effects for advanced haptic feedback
* Many settings to customize to your playing style
* Great for S Pen Samsung Galaxy Note
Also available in the full version:
* Classical guitar, acoustic guitar and electric guitars, each with authentic sound
* A huge chord library with chord diagrams - hear and see how each chord is played.
* Create your own chords
* Play along to any music loaded on your phone
* Get chord and lyric overlays from the web - excellent for teaching yourself new songs to play
* Play with a capo to fit your vocal range
* Create, load and save chord layouts for your favourite songs
* Customize the UI to fit your playing style
* Use multitouch on supported devices
Solo Lite is a freemium app, that is ad supported and it uses in app upgrades to obtain full version features. (Don't hate me, even developers have to make a living :). For this, the app requires a few extra permissions (these are in the Lite version only, the full version has no ads or extra permissions). Below is a description of required permissions:
INTERNET ACCESS - To check/download updates (for non-Market users), free upgrades via GetJar Rewards, ad on startup
VIEW NETWORK STATE - Solo checks if internet connection is up and enables/disables online features as appropriate
READ PHONE STATE AND IDENTITY (Solo Lite Only) - Only used to access the device ID. Solo does NOT access phone calls, etc. only the device ID (needed to uniquely identify the device and earn gold to upgrade features)
The "Read phone state and identity" permission doesn't give devs access to passwords or other personal identity information. The only id obtained from this is the phone's IMEI number, which is a unique serial number tied to every device with a sim card. Knowing this number does not give devs access to any personal information, it only provides a way for us to reliably distinguish between different devices.
GET_ACCOUNTS (Solo Lite only) - This is used by GetJar and Pocket Change to identify users across multiple devices. This way, features upgraded through GetJar, or rewards earned through Pocket Change, will still be available if you change your phone and reinstall the app on a new device. Without this, upgrades purchased would only be available on the device where the original purchase was made.
GET_TASKS (Solo Lite only) - Used to determine if a sponsored app (installed to earn free GetJar gold) has been opened so that the gold can be awarded to you and be used to upgrade features.
STORAGE - Used to backup/restore chords on the SD Card
VIBRATE - For string vibrations and haptic feedback (optional)
Added string width setting (useful for adjusting playable area on tablets)
Fixed string animations on some devices
Improved battery performance
Various bug fixes
Added Export to WAV option for recordings
Fixed missing chord diagrams on some devices
Improved background track picking
* PLEASE SEE APP DESCRIPTION FOR INFO REGARDING PERMISSIONS
This app very nice,,,, I 'm happy,,downloded,,,
very nice app
It dose not sound good
i cant play it on my tablet... its too big... there is no string width adjustment... :(
A very good app!