IMDb Movies & TV
50,000,000 - 100,000,000 downloads
Also in : Cinema
- Nice and glamorous interface
- Seven languages
- There's always a film or something you will miss. Secondary actors or unknown experimental films ...
This app allows your phone to access to the lightweight version of the IMDB site.
First, a short disclaimer, remember that IMDB is just a database (well, just the biggest database), so if you were looking for somewhere to download movies, it’s far better you look anywhere else.
Everyone has needed one time or another to look for an actor’s career, a director’s filmography or likes to know all the trivia and goofs of every film he’s watching to. The app hasn’t the strength or the weight of the non-mobile version, but all the data is there. You can choose any of the seven languages available, but the most complete by far it's the English database. IMdB also includes links to Amazon to buy films online and a broad selection of trivia, trailers and reviews.
If you know what you're looking for, IMDB is really fast and useful, particularly to solve all those endless discussions about movies. What actress starred as the mother of Conan in Conan the Barbarian? Where was the film shot? Has something in common with "The Planet of the Apes"? This is the kind of stuff we like of ImdB app.
A last word. If you're a film buff, do not miss this opportunity to download this app. It is an endless source of trivia when going by train or waiting at the dentist.
This app was featured in one of our videoreviews. Watch it here.
· Over 2 million movie and TV titles
· Over 4 million celebrities, actors, actresses, directors, and other crew members
· Rate movies and TV shows
· Sign in with your IMDb account or your Facebook account
· Movie trailers
· User reviews for movies and TV shows
· Critics reviews for movies and TV shows
· Quotes, trivia, and goofs about movies and celebrities
· Your browse and search history on IMDb
· Movie showtimes at local theaters near you
· TV listings for your local time zone
· Recaps of TV shows from previous night
· Upcoming movies
· Latest entertainment news from hundreds of media outlets
· Choose "notify me" on titles and names you're interested in to be notified of trailers, photos, showtimes, and news.
Explore popular charts:
· Best Picture - award winners
· Top rated movies of all time (IMDb Top 250)
· Most popular movies of the day on IMDb (MOVIEmeter)
· Most popular celebrities of the day on IMDb (STARmeter)
· Lowest rated movies of all time (IMDb Bottom 100)
· Most popular TV shows
· US Box office results
· Celebrity birthdays
· IMDb is available worldwide in English (US/UK), Spanish, German, French, Portuguese, Italian, Japanese, Korean, and Chinese.
We hope your IMDb experience on your Android phone and Android tablet continues to be entertaining.
If you have questions about why we require certain permissions, please see our Android app FAQ page: http://imdb.com/androidfaq
Galaxy Note users, if you are having trouble please go to the phone settings, then select "language and keyboard." The language setting will show English, but click to select it and you will see it is not English. Select English.
-IMDb Android team
· Revamped Watchlist includes tappable icons to take you right to theater showtimes or Amazon Instant Video and Prime Instant Video streaming options.
· Advance movie showtimes and tickets help you plan your next movie outing
· Add your favorite theaters when browsing Showtimes & Tickets
· Top News is now shown on the homepage on phones as well as tablets
If you encounter a crash, please press the Report button so we can get the bugs fixed. Thank you!
Search is not working again.
Great app for searching for the answer to the random questions that pop in your head when watching a tv show or movie. Connects and connects and connects...
Keeps on crashing on s3................ It's better after the update ;)
Pretty much covers it all and well
I use this app for looking up trivia about movies shows and actors
Does everything it should and looks nice. However, I don't want it pre-installed on my phone. Maybe the mobile site is good enough (never seen it though) and I could free up some storage.