Planet Finder +
1,000 - 5,000 downloadsAdd this app to your listsTweets por @Appszoom
· Astronomy Planetarium with the planets, 301 brightest stars and 10 closest stars
· Camera can be switched on / off
· Switch between automatic orientation (sensors) and manual orientation (touch and rotate / move screen)
· Choose to display 310, 51 or 1 star (sun and the planets)
· Plan your observations by time travelling the night sky 24 hours via the player interface
· Capture screen and share via facebook, twitter, email ...
· Switch to compass module
· Astronomy compass with 9 different celestial types (navigation between celestial types is 100% configurable)
· Solar system: positions of the planets, the Sun, the Moon and Pluto
· Brightest stars: positions of the 10 brightest stars
· Closest stars: positions of the 10 closest stars
· Milkyway: structure of the milkyway (the milkyway arms, the center, the inner buldge and bar)
· Brightest Galaxies: positions of the 10 brightest galaxies
· Closest Galaxies: positions of the 10 closest galaxies
· Closest Galaxy groups: positions of the 10 closest galaxy groups
· Closest Superclusters: positions of the 10 closest superclusters
· Universe edge: 10 furthest celestials observed in our universe
· Automatic orientation (sensors) or manual orientation of compass
· Real time information about all celestials (planets, stars, galaxies, supclusters ...)
· Real time information about the satellites of Jupiter and Saturn
· Real time information about the number of sunspots
· 3D display of the Solar System planets, the Moon and Pluto
· 3D display of most Solar System satellites
· Rise, transit and set times for the planets, the Sun, the Moon and Pluto
· Player interface to pause, rewind and fast forward all celestials (planets, stars, galaxies, supclusters ...)
Extremely easy! Just launch the application to obtain an instant overview of the planets surrounding you. You're in the middle of the screen, on Earth, and the planets are being displayed around you. If a planet is above the Compass Ring and is highlighted, it's visible. If the planet is below the Compass Ring, towards the center of the Earth, it is shadowed and below your horizon. The same applies to all the other celestial types. Activate your starcraft engines and quickly travel around in the universe.
Planet Finder + comes with an advanced Augmented Reality Camera: Just point your phone to the sky and Planet Finder + will instantly switch to Augmented Reality Mode. Spot planets and stars through your mobile camera, take a snapshot and share via facebook, email, twitter or MMS!
Interact with the Augmented Reality View by activating its Player. Play, pause, rewind and fast forward the Solar System. This will render the trajectories of the planets and the moons of Jupiter and Saturn.
You can also track planets and stars. Just follow the direction of the arrows and you'll spot your object in seconds!
Switch back to 2D Compass or Text View by lowering your mobile phone. Get more detailed information by touching a celestial item in the textlist.
Hit the 3D Planet icon for a detailed 3D view of planet/moon texture and check out the real time positions of the moons of Jupiter and Saturn.
Hit the RTS icon to display the planets rise/transit/set times or get the current number of sunspots by hitting the Sun 3D icon. Access the latest static information by tapping the Wiki icon.
(You'll need android version > 4.0.3 in order to use the camera in augmented reality mode.)
Tags: planet finder apk, milky way finder, milky way locator, find location milky way, droid app to locate milky way, moon and star locator, planet locater, moon location finder.apk, planets and stars locator apk, milky way position locator.
earth moon system in 3d added
new texture for 3d model of the sun
new background for 3d models
highlightening of celestials above horizont in text list view
Navigate through the universe with a starship.
- Boost away from the solar system all the way to the edge of the universe
Improved graphical performance in compass mode.
Improvments for tablets
bug fixes for sensor orientation