A rose is a woody perennial of the genus Rosa, within the family Rosaceae. There are over 100 species. They form a group of erect shrubs, and climbing or trailing plants, with stems that are often armed with sharp prickles. Flowers are large and showy, in colours ranging from white through yellows and reds. Most species are native to Asia, with smaller numbers native to Europe, North America, and northwest Africa. Species, cultivars and hybrids are all widely grown for their beauty and fragrance. Rose plants range in size from compact, miniature roses, to climbers that can reach 7 meters in height. Different species hybridize easily, and this has been used in the development of the wide range of garden roses.
The genus Rosa is subdivided into four subgenera:
• Hulthemia (formerly Simplicifoliae, meaning "with single leaves") containing one or two species from southwest Asia, R. persica and Rosa berberifolia which are the only roses without compound leaves or stipules.
• Hesperrhodos (from the Greek for "western rose") contains Rosa minutifolia and Rosa stellata, from North America.
• Platyrhodon (from the Greek for "flaky rose", referring to flaky bark) with one species from east Asia, Rosa roxburghii.
• Rosa (the type subgenus) containing all the other roses. This subgenus is subdivided into 11 sections.
• Banksianae - white and yellow flowered roses from China.
• Bracteatae - three species, two from China and one from India.
• Caninae - pink and white flowered species from Asia, Europe and North Africa.
• Carolinae - white, pink, and bright pink flowered species all from North America.
• Chinensis - white, pink, yellow, red and mixed-color roses from China and Burma.
• Gallicanae - pink to crimson and striped flowered roses from western Asia and Europe.
• Gymnocarpae - one species in western North America (Rosa gymnocarpa), others in east Asia.
• Laevigatae - a single white flowered species from China
• Pimpinellifoliae - white, pink, bright yellow, mauve and striped roses from Asia and Europe.
• Rosa (syn. sect. Cinnamomeae) - white, pink, lilac, mulberry and red roses from everywhere but North Africa.
• Synstylae - white, pink, and crimson flowered roses from all areas.
If you’re not sure what live wallpapers are, they're a type of application that works on a mobile device using the Android operating system (like your device!). The application works as a wallpaper – providing the background image for the home screen—but also works as a conventional application since it can provide user-interaction with the touch screen (allowing the image to change dynamically, for example) and access other hardware and software features within the device (accelerometer, GPS, network access, etc.).
**Multiple backgrounds!** Switch up the background as often or as little as you like with user-configurable options.
**Power saving features!** This app uses much less power than typical live wallpapers. It will take a bit more power to operate than a normal wallpaper, but much, much less battery power than the average live wallpaper.
**Super easy to use!** Upon install the app will bring up the options menu and then immediately let you set the wallpaper. No hassle and easy to use!
**Translated to 35 languages!** Do you really, really want to learn Russian? We didn’t think so, but it’s available just in case, in any language your phone can display!
Please note that live wallpapers can’t be set automatically. We’ll bring you to the setup screen where you’ll select the live wallpaper. We’d love to do it automatically but Android doesn’t allow it. Maybe some day.
Many roses were sampled in the making of this app. Licensed under the creative commons (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Text at wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_Wallpaper and wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose.
Tags: most wallpaper roses , живые обои для андроид розы , des roses de stars , sfondi desktop rose bianche