50,000 - 100,000 downloads
- Quite acceptable screentouch response
- Configurable chords button grid
- Cool sound
- Screentouch response just on fast movements in the same string
- Works better over tablets (screensize)
+ By Coding Caveman
Solo is a guitar emulator with defined guitar chords
Solo is an emulator but not a substitute of an guitar, and that's something that has to be quite cleared. The chords are defined and set in buttons and you may switch easy from one to another. The sound is quite good as well as the screentouch, and that's what makes it so interesting. You won't learn how to play with this app, but if you're a beginner you will get used to each chords sounds. If you already know how to play is an interesting tool to easily get some new ideas.
It has a huge chord library (which is the same than in the full version). You can create and load custom chords layouts. There are lots of settings to customize your playing style: for example, you can set the chords you want to have in the grid of buttons.
Besides the acoustic guitar included on the demo, the paid version includes also classical guitar, acoustic, and electric guitar. This full version lets you play along to any music loaded on your phone, and includes other extra features as chords and lyrics from the web.
Guitar has been developed by Coding Caveman, an emerging developer who has just launched the free and the paid version of this app. It has a promising future since this one is really well developed.
As we said, trying to play guitar in a phone or a tablet has a two obvious catches: the screensize and the screentouch. However, this app has been thought to be useful even with those limitations. It's not a substitute of a guitar, it's a complementary tool. And its highly recommendable.
It's ideal for jamming sessions when you don't have your guitar with you, or an excellent reference for when you do!
* Classical guitar, acoustic guitar and electric guitars, each with authentic sound
* A huge chord library with chord diagrams - hear and see how each chord is played.
* Create your own chords
* Play along to any music loaded on your phone
* Get chord and lyric overlays from the web - excellent for teaching yourself new songs to play (this feature is provided via a free add-on app)
* Play with a capo to fit your vocal range
* Create, load and save chord layouts for your favourite songs
* Customize the UI to fit your playing style
* Use multitouch on supported devices
* Uses Immersion’s MOTIV haptic effects for advanced haptic feedback
* Great for S Pen Samsung Galaxy Note
Added string width setting (useful for adjusting playable area on tablets)
Fixed string animations on some devices
Added Export to WAV option for recordings
Fixed missing chord diagrams on some devices
Improved background track picking
Added Toddler settings
Improved shake strumming
Added variable auto strum speed
Improved multi-touch on newer devices
Fixed audio bug if both Solo & Solo Lite is running
- Nãfïs F. Downloaded Nov 28, 2013
- Javier H. Downloaded Sep 15, 2013
- super guitar Downloaded Jul 8, 2013
- Anaaa021 Downloaded Jun 13, 2013
- Angelo U. Downloaded Jun 1, 2013
- wleed mohamed Downloaded May 20, 2013
- ebonk ghyna Downloaded May 14, 2013
- victory14 Downloaded May 3, 2013
- ubaidahmedkhan Downloaded Apr 30, 2013
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Check all strings configuration on galaxy tab 10'1. The are vibrated on the wrong sections.
Helped kill time away from my guitar and helped me learn a few chords I didn't know!
Wasn't worth it
Can't hammer on / pull off strings, making it feel more like a keyboard than a stringed instrument, if playing an open E string than pressing & holding the third fret G it continues to play E note regardless making it impossible to actually play it like a
I've been waiting for this update because the app wouldn't show the chord diagram. Now that it has come, I'm not able to update it. It says,"package file is invalid". Help will be appreciated.
Only app I've paid for...very cool
There is no better virtual guitar app for android, but it would be better still with string bending in fret mode. Regardless, I thoroughly recommend this app.