Splashtop Remote PC Gaming THD
10,000 - 50,000 downloads
- Mac and Windows supported
- It works over WiFi and 3G/4G
- Wide range of smartphones and tablets supported
- Intuitive screentouch
- Better if you run it on latest devices
- Linux isn't supported
+ By Splashtop
Splashtop GamePad THD is an app for displaying your computer screen on your tablet
Splashtop GamePad THD has been optimized to be played on Tegra3 devices (ICS) and for running even more 3D games.
Get remote access (via WiFi and 3G/4G) from your computer (Windows and Mac supported) to your tablet. You will be able to watch movies featuring full video and audio support. Likewise, you will be able to surf the web through your regular browser with Flash. What's more, access any application or file on your computer (powerpoint, outlook...). You can even play games with high requirements! Take in account that what's running the application is the desktop computer, and the tablet just displays it, and give you the mobility you needed.
As we said above, you can access via WiFi or 3G/4G. For the latter. you need to set the router's IP. Once that's done, run the app is as easy as one-click. The developer's says that it works in a wide range of smartphones and tablets. We've tried it on a Samsung Galaxy Tab, Samsung Galaxy S and HTC Desire HD. It has worked properly in all of them. The only thing we've noticed is that's better to run it on powerful devices, otherwise you can get some lag. And of course, it works perfect when is over WiFi.
Splashtop Remote Desktop has been developed by Splashtop, an emerging developer who's reaching great success thanks to this (their only) app on the market.
Are you reading a long report but you're hungry and want to start cooking? Read while cooking. Do you need to spend two hours fishing on WoW? Do it while watching the TV. This kind of things is what you can perform thanks to Splashtop Remote Desktop HD. An app that makes our life easier. Must have.
Want to play 3D PC games on your tablet? Now, with the "Best of CES 2012" award-winning Splashtop Remote PC Gaming, you CAN! Skyrim, Civilization 5, Wow, Diablo, Portal, PES2012, and even more with CUSTOMIZABLE on-screen maneuver and tablet gestures!
See more demo videos:
#.If you have upgraded Splashtop Streamer on your PC to v2, please check out http://support-remote.splashtop.com/entries/21658867 for settings.
Splashtop Remote PC Gaming is the ONLY remote desktop app that streams smooth, high-res video and audio from your PC or Mac, allowing you to play games on your tablet. you can also use it to access all other applications, and files.
★★★★★ Best of CES 2012 Award – Best Mobile App
★★★★★ "Both a breakthrough and a bargain." -- The New York Times
★★★★★ "Splashtop -- Meet the most popular app." -- USA Today
★★★★★ "Splashtop Remote is... extremely easy to setup" -- Pixelatedgeek.com
With Splashtop Remote PC Gaming, you can
* Play graphic-intensive games on your tablet with optimized gesture (see notice 1)
* Play Flash games on your browser
* Listen to music on your computer in any format
* Access your full computer browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) including your bookmarks, favorite plug-ins, and extensions (Flash, Java, etc.)
See it in action here: http://youtu.be/PBnmYeyAMf4
Fast and Easy Setup (see notice 2):
* One-click access to your computer desktop with minimal setup
* Install the free Splashtop Streamer on your computer - supports Windows 7, Vista, and XP (including Home Premium), as well as Mac OS X 10.6+ (Snow Leopard or Lion is required for Mac users).
* Application automatically finds your local computers -- sign in to your Gmail account on the app and Streamer to find your computers across the Internet
* A computer with dual-core CPU on remote PC strongly recommended for best performance
1.To enjoy 3D games such as Skyrim, you need to have a powerful PC, ideally with NVIDIA GeForce graphics, and a good Wi-Fi signal and performance(ideally a 802.11n Wi-Fi router).
2.Splashtop Remote PC Gaming for tablets running Android 4.x.
3.If you are willing to play with XBox 360 controller from your Android tablet, you need to do some special setting on your computer, please refer to this FAQ page: https://support-splashtoppersonal.splashtop.com/entries/25600766
* Support to play with XBox 360 controller from your Android tablet, please refer to this FAQ page for more detail: https://support-splashtoppersonal.splashtop.com/entries/25600766
* Performance optimization on Android 4.3 and up
* Bug fixes and improvements
* Fixed pressing the left analog stick fully up will be recognized as fully down issue.
Not a replacement for Nvidia's gamestream (had to side load the app, hoping for nvidia shield compatibility, but works) but it works well on the go. Just have your PC connected to the router via Ethernet, enable internet discovery on the app, then play! Just needs shield compatibility but 5 stars because of performance. Some games lag but most games work.
Lags so much rubbish app could have been better if there was an option for USB , the steamer part for streaming the sound on devices doesn't work correctly , so disappointing.
Must give this 5. Playing eq, wow, and a few others with zero lag on my home network. A bit too laggy away from home but still works for any non-action gaming.
The app worked perfectly after initial configuration hiccups with security password; don't forget it works best with PCs with nVidia video cards. Not sure if it'll work well with Radeon because it didn't used to. I was able to play Skyrim and WoW on it. It even supported my Xbox 360 controller plugged in on my Nexus 7 2012, controlling Skyrim.
Lags so much most games are unplayable. And I'm doing it on a 60Mbit/sec wifi internet connection. Don't bother with it unless you want use it for general remote desktop. For gaming it's utterly useless.
I was really hoping to be able to play Ragnarok Online (the first one) using this app, but all I get is a window filled with a black screen and the sound works. This is the case for all of the Splashtop products, but I see a video on YouTube showing someone playing Ragnarok.. I'm using Nexus 7 (original), please fix this!! I still gave this a 3 because Diablo 3 worked fine.
Crashes on load. New nexus 7 up to date on everything. App is either fake or a sham. Do not give them money.