50,000 - 100,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
This app will install Debian or Ubuntu onto your device.
You will need a mouse or stylus to use it.
Contains bugs! If you need stable desktop environment for everyday use - you'd better search for another Linux installer, there are several such apps on Google Play, all of them require rooted device.
GIMP image editor, or office suite pre-installed (AbiWord and Gnumeric, there's no PowerPoint support).
You will need 200 Mb free on internal data storage, plus 500 Mb on SD card.
This app is NOT full Ubuntu OS - it is a compatibility layer, which allows you to run Ubuntu applications.
Your phone is NOT rooted during installation.
This is NOT official Ubuntu.com release.
There are several limitations:
- It cannot mess up your Android device. It is a plain regular Android app, so you can close or kill it when you desire.
- Desktop environment is somewhat broken.
- Video output is slow. This can be improved by creating native Android X.org server (Xsdl is a good place to start).
- No audio support. Maybe it will be added in the future, however it will lag a lot, and there's no way to fix the lag.
- No hardware mouse support. Probably it will be added in the future.
- No OpenGL support. It's possible to add it but it's a huge chunk of work, and I will not be doing that.
- No access to the device hardware. That means you cannot re-partition SD card, you cannot burn CD-Roms, you cannot run ping or sniff your network etc.
- No camera support. It's possible to add, however not worth the effort, since Ubuntu can access photos on your SD card.
- No multitouch support - this is a limitation of Ubuntu itself.
- No ability to move app to SD card.
- No pseudo-terminal support, so XTerm and many utilities do not work.
Sources available on developer site.
Tags: ubuntu noroot, install ubuntu tablet without root, دانلود ubuntu no root برای اندروید, ubuntu without root, ubuntu noroot на, ubuntu no root دانلود, how to run ubuntu tablet without root, ubuntu no root andorid app review, ubuntu sin root, tablet ubuntu nonroot.
Now comes with Debian Lenny image, which should run on any device.
If you have kernel version 3.0.0 or newer, and armeabi-v7a CPU, you will be able to install Ubuntu Precise.
You can install packages in Lenny using apt-get inside terminal, or with Synaptic in Precise.
Desktop environment is somewhat working now.
This is the last and final update. There will be no more updates.