1. Users can setup their own categories and items for their income and expense.
2. A 3-level drill down list allows users to browse all transaction data easily.
3. The percentage of the transaction categories is plotted with a bar chart to assist users ananlyzing their financial status.
4. All data can be exported/retrieved from the database thru email. An attached file of the email is a data delimited file and can be imported to any spreadsheet software.
5. Data in the database can be deleted manually with a specified date range.
II. Menu Instruction
Step 1. Setup Parameters/Delete data
1. Users input or configure categories and associated member items as needed. Categories are divided into two types - income and expense.
2. Users can select date ranges to remove unwanted data to reduce memory usuage.
Step 2. Enter a Transaction
Users enter a transaction with selected dates, category, andassociated item, and then a value. A remark field is also available for additional description as a memo.
Step 3. View Transaction List (A drill-down style list.)
1st level: users see the total values of each category. Click on the next (->) button on a desired category to the next level.
This is to view all transactions within the selected date ranges under the selected category in the Step 1. Click on the next (->) button on a desired transaction to the 3rd level.
This level shows the detail transaction entries. Users can also make any modifications on this page.
Step 4: View Transaction Chart
Users need to select transaction type first - income or expense. A bar chart is used to plot percentages of non-zero-value categories.
Step 5: View Summary Report and eMail
i. A report is generated based on the selected date range. It gives the balance or the difference between expense and income.
ii.Users can email the report to any one with an attached file that includes the summary of category percentages as well as detail transaction data.
i.The default selected date range is one month.
ii. Users can delete data after the data is emailed out to save memory space.
iii. Up to 18 categories can be plodefinedtted on a chart.
iv. Twelve categories are preset. You can add/modify/delete as you need. The default categories are
10 expense categories:
2 income categories
Tags: finance book user.