The application is intended to be used in off-line mode. There is no integration with any online services available.
Personally I am using it together with GnuCash (http://www.gnucash.org) - the greatest financial-accounting software in the universe ;)
I keep my daily expenses in Expense Register and from time to time I export them to GnuCash.
It seems to be a common use case so I believe it can be easily adapted by Quicken, MS Money, etc. users.
The major requirement for the application was to minimize the effort needed to record expenses.
I was fed up with using general purpose notes applications and complex mobile accounting software available on the Android market.
So in Expense Register I did my best to minimize number of operations needed to perform common actions.
Expenses can be recorded either by input form or by taking a picture of the receipt.
No signup needed. No AD. No limited. No fee.
* Registration of incomes and expenses
* Support for camera pictures of receipts
* Desktop widget to jump directly to expense adding form (do not move app to SD - Android does not support widgets for apps installed on external storage)
* Auto-completion feature for common descriptions and tags
* Build-in expression evaluator supporting +-*/() operators
* Exporting entries by email (you can specify your default address in settings)
TXT, ZIP (HTML) and QIF file formats are available
* Presenting simple summaries of registered expenses and incomes
* Import/Export settings from/to file
* You may use TAG field to categorize expenses. E.g. you may mark different accounts or currencies.
* You may define comma-separated lists of descriptions and tags you often use. The application will suggest them later when you start filling information about new expense.
* You may even select to automatically update common words so you don't need to enter full words almost never
* All settings might be exported for backup purpose
* If you are using Samsung SWIPE or similar virtual keyboard offering its own field auto-completion mechanism you may disable Expense Register's build in autocompletion by cleaning common words list and disabling Auto-update tags switches in settings.
Send me your feedback if you think something could be improved !
Keywords: record expenses, collect expenses, personal expenses, expense manager, expense tracker, expense collector, personal finance, money manager, spending tracker
Tags: gnucash android app, gnucash for android, android gnucash, expense register, what is expenses register in accountancy, gnucash expense register, android gnucash register, android gnucash app, finance android register, freexpense register downlad.
Recently changed in this version:
* [NEW] Setting for enabing/disabing camera feature
See http://www.tierra.pl/expense_register/#changelog for more details in recent releases.