5,000 - 10,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
v1.096 is tested working between a phone and tablet I have, but the transactions are SLOOWWW to complete (several minutes). They seem to get into the blockchain fast enough, but the receiving app won't acknowledge this for quite a while - you can try disconnecting through the menu and re-opening the app to see if it will pick up faster. This is as good as I can do until the new client comes out. One user has verified that new transactions are working for him.
There is a modified litecoin official client here:
This client will connect to older nodes such as this app. It will allow older nodes to fetch blocks. If you use this app, feel free to run one of these to help the app work for everyone.
You can also use trusted peers again, including ones with non-standard ports! See the settings menu. This is tested and working in the latest version. This means you can run the modified official client above and connect to it directly with the app.
=== KNOWN ISSUES, PLEASE READ ===
* Transactions with lots of outputs can run your phone out of memory (such as those from mining pools). DON'T USE THE APP TO RECEIVE THESE TRANSACTIONS.
* Emptying the wallet completely may not work. You may have to leave at least 0.01LTC in your wallet to avoid the issue. This is a known bug with no known solution.
* Until recently, the version of the exported private keys was incorrect which stopped the official client from importing keys exported by the app. This is now fixed, but old exported keys will NOT import into the app now - you need to upgrade to the latest version WITHOUT uninstalling. If you end up with keys that won't import from an old version, see this ticket: https://github.com/hank/feathercoin-wallet/issues/3 Near the end there's a script that can convert your keys.
* Syncing the blockchain can use a LOT of power - plug it in while it does this.
=== More Information ===
### Helping with development ###
Are you a programmer? Is there something wrong with this app that you'd like to help fix? It's open source!
Feel free to fork and submit pull requests.
### Dealing with stuck transactions ###
If you have a pending transaction that won't send, try the following steps:
* Make sure you're not trying to completely empty the wallet (it's a known bug - see above)
* Back up your wallet in the app
* Go to settings and choose "Reset Blockchain"
* Restart the app - after a while, the chain will fully sync and the transaction should go through
If this doesn't work, try uninstalling the app, reinstalling, importing your backup again, and attempting the transaction again. Note that trying to empty the wallet completely may not work - leave at least 0.01LTC in it - it's a known bug with no known solution at the moment.
### Dumping/decrypting a wallet backup from the app ###
You can use openssl to dump the private keys from a wallet backup with this command:
openssl enc -d -aes-256-cbc -a -in
-- DO THIS ON A SECURE COMPUTER. YOUR PRIVATE KEY WILL COME OUT DECRYPTED --
You can use the importprivkey command on the resulting key to import it into the official litecoin client.
This app is based upon the excellent work done by the Bitcoin Wallet developers:
Use at your own risk!
v1.096 - Transactions seem to work now.
v1.095 - Bugfix
v1.094 - Added new DNS seed, new seed peers, re-added trusted peer.
v1.093 - Fixing Java SecureRandom vulnerability
v1.092 - Fixed bug in private key import
v1.091 - Fixed private key version in exports, updated checkpoints.
v.1.09 - Fixing Corrupted block store NullPointerException on startup (hopefully - can't reproduce)
v.1.08 - Bugfix for crash on receive
v.1.07 - Fixed camera bug, fixed threadpool crash bug (where queue would fill)
- James C. Downloaded Nov 29, 2013
- Dat. H. Downloaded Nov 26, 2013
- Adam M. Downloaded Nov 26, 2013
- Ryan D. Downloaded Nov 24, 2013
- David N. Downloaded Nov 18, 2013
- Andrew W. Downloaded Nov 15, 2013
- Corrado L. Downloaded Oct 4, 2013
- Ademilton K. Downloaded Sep 21, 2013
- BLIEEE Downloaded Jun 28, 2013