Nationwide’s Banking app makes it even easier to stay in control of your finances on compatible Android smartphones and tablets. Exclusively available to our Internet Bank customers, you can register and log in to the app using your existing Internet Bank details.
With the Nationwide Banking app you can:
- Set up and track your Savings Goals
- View up to 15 months’ transaction history on your current account and credit card
- Search transactions quickly and easily
- Quickly view funds going in and out of your current account using cash flow bars
- Sign up for or amend your SMS text alerts and paperless settings
- Quick Balance - select and view the account balances without logging in
- Impulse Saver - transfer money from your Nationwide current account into your Nationwide savings account without logging in
- View recent current account, savings, credit card and mortgage transaction history
- View your savings interest rates
- Manage your current account overdraft
- Make payments and transfers to existing payees, now or on a future date
- Send and receive money securely with a mobile number using Paym
- View and cancel Direct Debits and regular payments
- Apply for a range of Nationwide accounts
- Check your balances on your smartwatch
** Updating your app **
If your app icon appears to be deleted once you’ve updated, you’ll be able to find the app in your App Drawer (App List) - our new app icon has a fresh new look and shape (blue village logo on a white background).
To add a short-cut to an app just go to the App Drawer hold the icon until the screen changes, then drag it to the position on one of your home screens. You do not have to go through the PlayStore to open the app.
** App permissions **
When you install the app, you may notice it asks you for permission to access your device & app history. This is a standard Android permission that the smartwatch feature uses to retrieve the balance from your device. The permission is only used if you opt into Quick Balance, and we do not use this permission to obtain any other data from your device.
It may also ask for permission to access your contacts list and this is to allow you to make a Paym payment from your contacts. We won't use the information for any other purpose and nothing will be stored by Nationwide.
** Using the app **
To use the app you'll need to:
- be registered for Nationwide Internet Banking. Go to nationwide.co.uk/internetbanking and follow the on screen instructions to register.
- enrol on the app using your Internet Banking credentials.
- Once you’ve enrolled, you’ll only need to use your Internet Banking passnumber to log in.
To check your balances on your Android Wear Smartwatch you’ll need to set up Quick Balance in the app in the settings menu.
** Staying safe **
We're absolutely committed to keeping you and your money safe while using our Banking app. If you lose money as a result of fraud through our Digital Banking service, we'll put the money back into your account immediately, if certain conditions are met. This means that you won't lose a penny if we find that you have been the innocent victim of fraud.
- Never share your log in details or personal information with anyone
- When logging on in a public place, be careful to keep your details out of sight
- Create a password or PIN to access your device
Android and Android Wear are trademarks of Google Inc.
Tags: nationwide s mobile bank , nationwide banking , nationwide bank , nationwide building society , nationwide , nationwide mobile , nationwide bank trademarks , nationwide mobile banking , nationwide building society mobile