Bicycle Power Meter
100 - 500 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
2. The best available smartphone resources (GPS, barometer pressure sensor, accelerometers, weather & elevation services, etc.) are used to achieve the best accuracy.
3. % braking energy can be viewed (user option) to give insight into how hard you brake into a turn.
4. Routes are plotted and graphed in the app, in real time with option for audio speech.
5. Route paths are color scaled in real time based on the users preference. One click changes the scale: power, speed, elevation, % grade, cadence or heart rate (with Bluetooth HRM) to map where on the ride significant events occurred.
6. A screenshot of the statistical data with the color coded map along with the raw data files (.csv .gpx and .tcx formats) can be easily emailed. .tcx format includes key parameters (speed, power, elevation, cadence, heart rate, etc.) to allow uploading to other analysis programs such as Garmin Connect, Training Peaks, Strava, Golden Cheetah, Google Earth, etc.
7. The accuracy of the power meter has been tested against state of the art, major brand named power meters.
8. Without calibration (only entering rider's weight and choosing bicycle type), average power for a given ride typically correlates to within 15% (with no drafting) of a conventional power meter.
9. Wind speed and direction effects are included! (with internet connection using local weather information, drafting effects not included).
10. Several default bicycle types are available to choose from, or bicycle weights and coefficients can be customized.
11. The app will run in the background.
12. English and Metric Units available. Set in user preference menu. English, German, Spanish, French language support.
13. Reload ride data to show progress and compare rides.
A demo ride and correlation data can be seen at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dgWn7lka0Q&feature=youtu.be
See F.A.Q. at http://www.innovative-app-designs.com/ for more detail.
***NOTE*** For some phones when the screen is turned off, the phone's accelerometers are disabled and the cadence data may be unavailable. This limitation has been documented in a number of other apps including pedometers. Using the screen lock feature can bypass this.
* For best results, prior to riding, under menu>preferences, select the phone's handlebar mounting orientation (portrait or landscape). If carrying in a jersey back pocket, set relative to the phone's orientation compared to looking forward at the handlebars.
* The cadence RPM and averages are tuned to power strokes detected from the phone's low power accelerometers while moving (i.e. not back-pedaling, downhill/coasting, etc.) and is more accurate as the power output increases above 1W/kg.
* The cadence sensitivity can be adjusted under menu>preferences. The default 'nominal' setting has so far produced the best sensitivity while minimizing spurious high readings.
* Noise may be observed in instantaneous readings depending on riding conditions (such as rough or off-road), riding styles, rider's power to weight ratio, and phone hardware.
Tags: bicycle power meter app, bicycle power meter apk, bike power meter, bicycle power meter, power meter for bicycle, cycling power meter app, bike power meter androi, innovative app designs bicycle power meter apk, power meter bluetooth app training peaks, cycling power meters.
Ver 4.4.3: Faster barometer calibration (first elevation service update when data is available). Based on several requests, elevation changed to elev gain (main page, stats page, and #'s page while absolute can still be seen on chart). On chart page, text field added for current data. Saved data file names can now be renamed within app.