by: piggott.me.uk • 12
Cardio Grapher is a free client for Zephyr HxM Bluetooth heart rate monitoring straps - although this application is free, for it to be of any use you need to have a strap. See http://www.zephyr-technology.com/consumer-hxm for more information and to find a supplier.
Unlike many health and fitness applications, which try to use every sensor available, Cardio Grapher is focused purely on heart rate. It is intended for use when doing stationary aerobic exercise such as spinning on a stationary cycle trainer - in these cases, average speed from GPS and other such metrics become meaningless and the real number of interest is heart rate.
- Live graphs of your heart rate over the last 1, 10 and 120 minutes.
- User specific heart rate training zones, helping you get the most you can from your training - based on formulae from http://www.machinehead-software.co.uk/bike/heart_rate/heart_rate_calculator.html.
- Estimates calories burnt using heart rate, age, body mass and sex.
- Audio alerts when entering and exiting training zones.
- Can be set to keep the phone's screen on when in use.
- Can be set to automatically switch the phone's Bluetooth adapter off and on again when connecting to the HxM times out (this is a work around for a bug in the Bluetooth implementation on some phones).
- Reports the remaining battery charge level of the HxM.
- Overridable screen orientation (i.e. you can make Cardio Grapher ignore Android's orientation sensors and stay in portrait or landscape mode - handy if you were to mount it on bike handlebars and find it flips when cornering).
If you encounter problems when using Cardio Grapher, PLEASE include as much information as possible when you report errors (whether that be as a comment, as a bug report via the device, or via email - which is the preferred method).
Tags: zephyr blue tooth heart monitor in phoenix az , trame bluetooth cardio zephyr , cardio graph