DBT Self-help is a tool that helps you manage overwhelming emotions, break destructive impulsive behaviors, navigate relationships and cultivate mindfulness. It contains skill descriptions complete with rationale and practice tips that will enable you to develop and practice the needed skills.
The skills are based upon the principles and skills taught in Dialectical Behavioral Therapy skill classes.
The app can be used in conjunction with psychotherapy or as a standalone self-help intervention as the skills can be implemented into many situations and settings.
Are you experiencing difficulties with feelings and emotion-driven impulsive behaviors? Are you having difficulties maintaining positive relations, ending destructive relationships or safeguarding your self-respect while reaching your interpersonal goals?
Intrusive distressing thoughts and overwhelming emotions are at the core of many difficulties. The skills of the DBT Self-help app can help you to manage and to find more effective ways to deal with your issues.
If you are in DBT therapy the DBT Self-help app can enhance skill acquisition and skill generalization, and you will find the Crisis skill list function extremely useful. The app can help you maintain your efficiency with the skills once therapy is over and you move on to build your life.
If you are a DBT therapist the app will be a useful resource to have easy access to skills for coaching and interventions. The feature of skill lists can be used to keep track of individual clients crisis skills to make telephone coaching more effective.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy belongs to the third wave of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy combining learning and cognitive theory with the wisdom and effectiveness of mindfulness – dialectics to balance change and acceptance. DBT have been shown to be efficient in the treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder, Binge eating and Substance Abus Disorder – diagnosises with high amount of overwhelming emotions and impulsive behaviors.
The app will help you to:
* Gain greater understanding on how thoughts, emotions, physiology and behaviors affect eachother;
* Build and manage healthy balanced relationsships and develop tools of communication;
* Cope with overwhelming emotions without acting impulsively;
* Use effective skills to identify, manage and regulate feelings and emotions;
* Change behavior to increase the positive emotions in your life;
* Increase your level of mindfulness and cultivate your awareness and concentration.
* Intuitive navigation with history and help function, notes, news & updates;
* The option to tailor and modify a personalized crisis list of skills for rapid access in difficult and critical situations;
* Create your own skills lists of personally selected skills;
* Pregenerated skills lists for managing anger, shame, sadness, and fear;
* Excercises for practicing and registring skills, with the options to save and send the data by mail;
* The app supports the following languages:
The DBT Self-help app is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Tags: demodbtapp.nic.in , dbt , www.demodbtapp.nic.in , dbt applications , dbt apps , demodbtapp.gov.in , dbt self help , demo.dbtapp.gov.in
from 93 reviews