FitNotes - Gym Workout Log
500,000 - 1,000,000 downloads
- Track workouts
- Simple and easy
- Customize routines
- Mainly for lifters
- No calorie input
Record your workouts with this simple app.
This workout log app lets you keep track of your weight lifting and workouts with no fuss. It's simple, streamlined, and easy to use, giving you everything you need and nothing you don't.
Similar to what you'd record in your physical gym notebook, you can track weight, reps, time, and more. If you don't workout in a gym or lift weights, this app is most likely not going to be what you want.
You can track your lifts and make your own custom workout routines to monitor. It's easy to use and doesn't have any bells and whistles.
This isn't the workout app for those who workout at home because it's more focused on lifting and machine work. Also, it doesn't track eating habits or daily calorie intake.
- View and navigate daily workout logs quickly by swiping between them
- Navigate to a specific day using the inbuilt calendar
- Add an exercise to the workout log and record sets of weight and reps or distance and time
- Swipe across when recording sets to view your workout history with the exercise
- Attach comments/notes to sets
- Rest timer with sound and vibration options
- Re-order exercises you've added to a workout log (long press an exercise card to initiate 'edit mode' and then press and drag the blue drag icon at the top right of the card)
- Includes a default selection of categories (Chest, Back, Legs, etc)
- Each category contains a small default list of exercises
- Create custom categories to better suit your training program
- e.g. Olympic Lifts, Plyometrics, Ab Training, etc
- Add new exercises quickly using 'Save and New' feature
- Two exercise types: Resistance and Cardio
- Resistance - record training in weight and reps
- Cardio - record training in distance and time
- Create a routine to provide quick access to your most commonly used exercises
- Assign exercises to a particular day within the routine
- Name a day whatever you want (Monday, Chest Day, Workout A, etc)
- Select a single exercise from a day within the routine to add it to the training log
or hit 'Log All' to add an empty set for each exercise which can then be filled in later
- Create as many routines as you want and switch between them using dropdown list
- Remembers which routine you selected last
- Dates on which you have recorded training logs are highlighted
- Tap a day in the calendar to display a popup listing the exercises performed on that day
- Navigate to a specific day's training log by selecting it in the calendar and hitting 'Go!'
- Filter which days are highlighted in the calendar
Highlight days where I did bench press and lifted more than 80kg for at least 5 reps
Highlight days where I ran outdoors and travelled more than 3 miles in less than 20 minutesr
- Backup your data to device storage or an online cloud service (DropBox or Google Drive - please ensure you have the corresponding apps installed on your device if you would like to backup to one of these services)
- Export your training logs in CSV format so they can be analyzed in your spreadsheet application of choice
- Modify or delete the contents of your USB storage: Required in order to be able to backup/export data to your device storage or sd card
- Control vibration: Used if you have selected the 'Vibrate' option for the rest timer
- Prevent device from sleeping: Required in order to ensure the rest timer continues to count down when the screen is off
If you have any feedback then please email FitNotesApp@gmail.com
1.13.0 (February 15th)
Highlights of this update include:
- New Calendar: Displays coloured indicators of the categories (muscle groups) used in each workout.
- Mark Sets Complete: Display a checkbox alongside each set and mark them off as you progress through your workout [Setting].
- Workout Analysis: Track volume across workouts, view a breakdown of which categories you've used, compare progress of exercises, set training goals, and more.
Full change log available in app on upgrade.
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Oliver T. Robson.
Loving it but I wish I could see the exercise pics so I know what I'm adding but overall its great
I like this one because you can literally use it as an exercise diary and input your own activites with times or reps. Personally I wanted an app for exactly this, not one that would tell me what to do. You can easily copy sets from one day to another or set up and store new activities. No ads either. Great app, love it.
Take the time to learn how to use this app. Once you do, you'll be able to quickly enter your information at the gym. I'm using a 555 protocol and it takes me literally no time to put information into the phone between says. And it helps me keep track of which set I'm on. I loved it it keeps track of my progress makes me feel good. The only thing to add it something to calculate which plates on e
Says right in the description that you can program in your Olympic lifting sessions...but how can you do that when the only two Olympic lifts that you do (snatch & clean and jerk) aren't even in the database!!
I am sorry for the bad review earlier. It was my fault for not trying everything in the app. You did a Great job and I will pass the app on to other people. Sorry again :)
I am using this app since September and been very satisfied. It's simple and easy to track your progress. With the new update you can also check your volume and stuff which is very helpful!
Love this app