This application uses spoken voice for guidance.
Many meditators use some form of audio aid (e.g. guided meditation), whether its source is a CD, the internet or a person/facilitator. Guidance, if delivered well, can greatly enhance meditation through teaching and assisting the meditator to stay focused.
The main disadvantage of most such audio aids is that they are fixed or hard to modify to suit a particular personal need. Whatever the author of a meditation decided to include or exclude is reflected in the recording. As the meditator advances in their practice, there comes a desire to expand from the audio aids previously used.
For example, most CD or mp3 recordings begin with an introduction which is interesting and useful to hear the first few times around. However, it then becomes a hindrance- unless one wishes to practice mediating on impatience.
Given these limitations, a new approach in the delivery of guided meditation is proposed here. Specifically, the application’s initial version allows the following two parts:
Key Advantages in Creating
1. A meditation is subdivided into a series of separate audio clips.
2. Audio clips can be rearranged, deleted, added and/or duplicated.
3. A new meditation can be created from:
a. The existing clips already available in the application
b. Downloaded and stored in the phone
c. Personally recorded clips.
Key Advantages in Playing
1. Pace of meditation can be adjusted with silence between clips.
2. Depth of meditation can be adjusted with repetition of clips.
A number of pre-created meditations is included in the app. These are mindfulness, prayer, twelve steps, inner child work, various quotes, etc.
We are working towards connecting this app with a server on internet. This will allow for downloading specific albums and getting notifications when new meditations are available. Depending on your interest, you will be able to choose which albums you want downloaded. In addition, you will be able to retain your modifications to meditations.
1. Added several new meditations (see albums: Inspirational quotes, Progressive relaxation, Buddha quotes, Being safe).
2. Fixed few defects.
3. When staring the app for the first time please wait for meditation audio files to be transferred (as prompted).
4. Added ability to Link clips. See tutorial "Rearranging clips".
5. We temporarily decreased bit rate of clips to 48kbs. In the future clips will be downloadable from internet and we will use bit rate of 64kbs.