OvuView: Ovulation & Fertility
1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Comprehensive tracking of your fertile days
- Complete catalog of symptoms
- We haven't found any cons. Have you?
+ By Sleekbit
To get pregnant you need to track your ovulation. This app will help you find out which days are the best ones for getting pregnant.
OvuView is one of the best apps out there for tracking your menstrual cycle and getting to know which days are your fertile ones. The best thing is that, apart from having a calendar adjusted to you, about your ovulation, you can add extra info, about your menstruation, temperature, mucus, cervix, relationships, mood, weight and other stuff that might help you learn about your own body better.
The app lets you choose an aim (it works just like a regular calendar) for getting pregnant (by highlighting your fertile days), or to avoid it (although other precautions should be taken too). You can add your own personal symptoms, so that you can get a greater understanding of your cycle, fertility, and the exact moment of ovulation.
We haven't found any disadvantages. OvuView is a really well-finished app, with a great design and a good usability.
OvuView tracks and predicts your period, ovulation and fertility, using sophisticated sympto-thermal methods (STM).
This app can be used both as an advanced birth control tool, or as a simple menstrual calendar, and help you to:
• maximize your chances of conceiving a baby/getting pregnant
• avoid pregnancy using natural methods (contraception),
• plan your next holiday with future menstruation and ovulation dates predicted,
• track weight, headache, appetite, PMS and other symptoms,
• replace sympto-thermal paper charts with a more convenient way of charting.
Based on your cycle symptoms (such as menses, basal body temperature, cervical mucus and/or cervix), OvuView automatically evaluates and charts your fertility using proven natural family planning (NFP) methods. In particular, 4 sympto-thermal (Billings, Rötzer, Konald/Kippley, Cautious), 5 mucus-only (5 Day Dry Up, Döring, 21/20 Days Rule, Last Dry Day, 4/5/6 Day Rule), 3 temperature-only (Marshall, 4HT, 5HT) and 2 calendar methods (Standard Days Method, Calendar Rythm Method) are implemented.
Key features include:
• 14 fertility awareness methods
• tracking many symptoms, taking notes
• calendar view
• advanced chart showing temperature and symptoms
• guiding hints
• educational tips and information about your menstrual cycle and your fertility signs
• cycle statistics
• automatic morning notification to record basal body temperature (BBT)
• data backup/restore
• data import from ‘My Days’, ‘WomanLog Calendar’ and ‘Fertility Friend’
• color themes
• demo mode (giving you a glimpse of what the app is capable of in the long run)
Pro features include:
• password protection
• 2 widgets (discrete + cycle wheel)
• multicolor symptoms
• cycle and method management
• emailing spreadsheet data and chart images for doctor review
• backup to email/dropbox
• user-defined custom symptoms
• notifications (menses, ovulation)
• temperature chart coverline
• fullscreen mode in chart
• pregnancy mode
We also have a discussion forum! If you have any questions check if there is an answer available at http://groups.google.com/group/ovuview. Should you have any further questions, suggestions and/or feedback, please do not hesitate to post a new discussion topic by sending email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- improved cloud backup
Looks nice. But definitely not the best app for NFP. I changed to Lady Cycle because ovuview always gave me wrong fertility information.
Has all the options I want and more! Settings for whatever you're going for and simple to use once you figure it out. Great set up. Very informative. Very good for a free app. Definitely recommend!
I love this app my only suggestion would be when we activate "pregnancy mode" that there be pregnancy symptoms under the list of symptoms.
Little complicated but very good app
Best app for charting whatever your need may be. I tried them all and this app is far more thorough and provides many more options than any other.
I conceived my baby on the first try by using this app.
I got pregnant twice because I didn't listen to the all-knowing app! Must. Listen. To. The. App. It's a super-tracker! My midwife is impressed when I whip it out and I can rattle off all my dates and symptoms. I love that it warns me before my period is due so I can keep supplies handy.