PT and OT Helper: Fingers Hand
10 - 50 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
................Stuart Burgess, Professor of Mechanical Engineering
An innovative app that enhances and simplifies the rehabilitation experience for both the patient and therapist. This app is also appropriate to be used by anybody wishing to improve targeted muscle development.
The app eliminates patient confusion about any aspect of the exercise routine created specifically for their injury by their health professional. For the therapist it simplifies the creation of the exercise routine and provides the opportunity to confirm that the patient is performing their rehabilitation as prescribed. Never before has this level of exercise coordination been achieved that provides a better understanding and communication between the therapist and the patient. No longer is there any reason for the patient to leave the therapist’s office with just a piece of paper to describe the exercises to perform. This app will hasten the individuals return to activities of daily living, their job or to the sport they love.
The movement of the hand is determined by a sophisticated and coordinated relationship between bone, muscle, tendons, ligaments and the brain. Trauma to the wrist, thumb, finger or palm is quite common in society, but many people never seek treatment. Any injury to the underlying structures of the hand carries the potential for serious handicap. Whether mild or severe, they often inhibit a person’s ability to live life fully. Delaying the diagnosis and treatment may result in long-term problems or even permanent disability. Even minor injuries should be seen by a physician as soon as possible. The exercises in this app were created under the expert supervision of professionals in the field. To avoid injury you should always work with a therapist before performing these exercises.
* Create a Custom exercise plan for unlimited users
* Purchase once and allow many users for each device. No Monthly Fee!
* The Therapist can create a Template of exercises for common injuries
* Custom exercise routines can be easily emailed to the patient to be used on their mobile device
* Precise animated graphics showing how to perform each exercise correctly
* Compete control for each exercise:
..........................Number of Sets
..........................Number of Reps
* Patent Pending speed adjustments allows patient to work at a comfortable speed
* Left and Right exercise distinction
* Audio and written instructions
* Graphically track performance and improvements
* Email graphs to therapist to show exercise progress
* Help screens and easy to follow video tutorial
Minor internal security change.
Added 2 new PowerWeb exercises: Thumb to Rim Opposition and Thumb Rim Adduction.