Runtastic Running & Fitness
1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- GPS accuracy
- Cool layout
- Ease of use
- Basic features in the free version
Runtastic is a professional coach tool for those who want to track their workout. It allows you to set routes, track the distance and the time it took to you, as well as the heart rate (if you're logged in and if you have the specific item for it: Wearlink+Bluetooth). It uses GPS to track your route in the map. In this regard, it should be said that it's quite accurate, more than other we've tried (it's full integrated with Google Maps).
What's more, you can add sessions manually: that's it, set your workout to your liking. You can set what kind of activity, distance (km), duration, time and calories goal. Likewise, you can let the app ask you what kind of sport you're going to practice every time you start a new activity: jogging, biking, nordic walking, skating, snowboarding...
It keeps a history of your workouts in order to monitor your progresses.
When you have finished your session you can save it and, after that set the bpm average, notes, what was your feeling, what surface you were practising it through, how was the weather and temperature. All this stuff will help you to know if you're progressing given the same conditions.
This is the free version with the basic features. If you want to get social sharing, more sports in the list, extra statistics, cheering during the activity with friends and many other extra features, you will need to upgrade to the pro version (€4.99).
Runtastic GPS Coach has been developed by runtastic, an emerging developer who has just launched this app on the market with remarkably success though.
If you're trying to get fit, this could be a reasonably option to motivate yourself. Recommendable.
Runtastic uses GPS to map your sports and fitness activities, such as: running, jogging, biking, or walking. The Runtastic app tracks your cardio workout progress (time, distance, elevation change, speed, calories, and more) to help you reach your training goals. Join us today and become part of a global fitness community that is fun and motivational, whether you're looking to improve your health, build up your cardio endurance, or train for a marathon! Runtastic is a great fit for users of all fitness levels.
* Map your workout in real-time with built-in GPS and monitor your workout progress (time, distance, speed, pace, calories, altitude, etc.)
* Runtastic Earth View: Watch your workout in 3D, incl. mountains, monuments, buildings (free Google Earth App required and limited in the LITE version)
* Personal workout diary and metrics
* Mapping: Detailed live mapping and historic mapping of previous training sessions (Google Maps)
* Dashboard configuration: Display preferred training statistics
* Graphs: Get charts with altitude, pace, speed, and heart rate info from your jog / run
* Enjoy your cardio workouts with the integrated music player
* Set goals for training time and distance
* Colored traces: Different colored routes on the map indicate changes in speed
* Integrate Runtastic activities to your MyFitnessPal account
* Monthly and overall metrics for distance, number of workouts, duration, and calories
* Share your sports activities on Google+, Facebook, and Twitter
* Manual entry of workouts: Add treadmill, spinning, and weight lifting workouts
* Now compatible with Life Fitness, leading global manufacturer of commercial fitness equipment
* LiveWare™ extension for Sony SmartWatch
Users are encouraged to save all workouts on www.runtastic.com. By joining the Runtastic online community, you'll get further exercise data analysis, coaching, and encouraging comparisons to friends! All these benefits can help you stay motivated while striving to reach your fat burning, cardio training, or overall health and wellness goals.
Additionally, you can choose an expert training plan and track your body statistics. Training plans provide guidance and inspiration for fitness goals, such as: weight loss, building endurance, jogging a 5k or 10k, running a half-marathon, and running a marathon. Further health and fitness info and tips are provided by Runtastic's Fitness Coach, Lunden, on the NEW YouTube Runtastic Fitness Channel!
Download the free Runtastic app now! Or, make exercise even more “funtastic” with the Runtastic PRO app, offering loads of additional training features and benefits!
Keywords: Running, Jogging, Run, Jog, Biking, Fitness, Exercise, 5k, 10k, Marathon, Training, Workout, Cardio
Recently changed in this version:
* LifeFitness integration
* UI Improvements
* Faster data transmission for session uploads and downloads
* Endless session saving
* Heart Rate Connection Problems
* App doesn't start automatically while countdown
Last activity on Runtastic Running & Fitness
- dler99 Downloaded 4d ago
- DajaDaja Downloaded May 11, 2013
- CybaCop Downloaded May 5, 2013
- shaunshaqdesouza Downloaded Apr 27, 2013
- killaras Downloaded Apr 27, 2013
- cesar valondo jr Downloaded Apr 25, 2013
- Tizalen Favorited Apr 23, 2013
- chantaledegrandpre Downloaded Apr 18, 2013
- pbrandner Favorited Apr 17, 2013
Lists with: Runtastic Running & Fitness
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Comments and ratings for Runtastic Running & Fitness
I use this when im jogging
Easy to use, lots of data, great to motivate you to do better next time
Great app, just a pity the elevation is recorded grossly incorrect.
Really useful information