Strava Running and Cycling GPS
1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
Also in : Biking
- Truly simple interface
- Strong community
- Accurate mapping and GPS
- Privacy controls limited
- Goal tracking restricted
Runners and cyclist will love this intuitive and motivational app
Runners and cyclists are massive fans of the the Strava app, and it’s clear to see why. Whether you're competing with yourself for a new personal best, or vying against strangers who are quicker than you, Strava brings the competition home. A great interface and strong community make this app truly worth it.
Strava has a truly simple interface. Example: if you want to switch between running or cycling, tap on the bicycle or shoe icon at the top and you’re there. It really is that easy.
GPS and mapping are super accurate, and Strava easily records your running and cycling data, comparing you with others hassle free. This community of other users is one of the app’s strongest assets, and a great motivator for competitive types.
It also supports Bluetooth and ANT devices, such as heart rate monitors. All-in-all, a thoroughly ‘freemium’ app.
Privacy could be a little better explained and protected: in-app privacy controls are limited. Goal tracking is also restricted to Premium members.
Track your runs and rides with GPS, join Challenges and see how your running and riding compares with friends.
TRACK YOUR RUNS AND RIDES WITH GPS
• Follow routes you’ve created or found and view your activity map as you record
• Get key stats like distance, pace, speed, elevation gained and calories burned
• Collect heart rate data from Zephyr HxM Bluetooth sensors
CLIMB THE LEADERBOARDS
• Set personal records and see how you stack up against friends, locals and pros
• Join monthly Challenges designed to push you further
• Find your friends and motivate them with kudos and and comments
• Share your activities on Facebook and Twitter
• Share Instagram photos from your activities on your Strava profile
FIND PLACES TO RUN AND RIDE
• Explore the most popular segments anywhere you go
• Filtered leaderboards by age and weight to see where you stack up
• Set weekly mileage or time-based goals and keep track of your daily progress
• Train more effectively with detailed heart rate analysis and see your Suffer Score
• Get your performance results immediately after completing a segment
• See which of your friends are currently out riding or running
• Stay on top of your game throughout the year with training videos
• Visualize your training with Power Zone and Pace Distribution analysis
• Access to exclusive Premium gear, Shop discounts, and extra rewards all year
• These Premium features are available through in-app purchasing
Strava includes support for Android wear. Use voice control to start and stop your activities, and get stats about your runs and rides without taking out your phone.
Visit www.strava.com to access even more features.
NOTE ON GPS SUPPORT:
Strava depends on GPS for recording activities. In some devices, the GPS does not work properly and Strava will not record effectively. If your Strava recordings show poor location estimation behavior, please try to update the operating system to the most recent version. We recommend running Android version 4.0.0 or above. Furthermore, there are some devices which have consistently poor performance with no known remedies. On these devices we restrict installation of Strava, for example Nexus One and HTC Hero. See our support site for more information: https://strava.zendesk.com/entries/27141334-Does-Strava-4-x-run-on-my-Android-device-
Now it's easier than ever to share photos and track your progression.
Share the story of your activity with Strava Photos.
● Snap photos on the road or trail and upload directly to Strava.
● Share as many pictures as you like, for any kind of activity, anytime after you finish.
New My Results Feature and Improved Leaderboards.
● Track your past performances on any segment with the new My Results view.
● Premium members: See how you stack up with mobile age and weight group leaderboards.
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Jayne Deacon.
Best fitness app by far
This app can almost never find me on gps so I gave up on it
Was a great app but after the update for some reason it won't track my rides. Have swapped back to using sports tracker.
And now it doesn't highlight the categorised climbs! Poor show Strava, what are you playing at? Where have the gradient percentages gone from the segment lists too? People use this predominantly for the climbs!
Very annoying taskbar notification won't go away! Have to manually kill Strava services to make it disappear. This must be a bug?
Great app. Just turn it on.. It does the rest
This app will give you lots of errors while tracking unless you have a really expensive ISP. Unable to set on gps for anything other than cycle n run. Finally able to load photos aftet a ride from a phone gallery instead pf instagram but wont load on gps only. Unable to see history or add manual on gps only. Tracking is better in Yosemite than my Garmins. Lots of ways to track your performance fo