Easy work-out for healthy body. Fitness guide to improving flexibility and muscular power.
Any movement that requires moving a body part to the point at which there is an increase in the movement of a joint can be called a stretching exercise. Stretching can be done either actively or passively. Active stretching occurs when the person doing the stretch is the one holding the body part in the stretched position. Passive stretching occurs when someone else moves the person to the stretch position and then holds the person in the position for a set time.
Covers following stretching exercises:
- Arm, Wrist, and Hand Stretches
- Foot and Calf Stretches
- Hip Stretches
- Knee and Thigh Stretches
- Lower-Trunk Stretches
- Neck Stretches
- Shoulder, Back, and Chest Stretches
Benefits of Stretching
- Improved flexibility, stamina (muscular endurance), and muscular strength.
- Reduced muscle soreness, aches, and pains.
- Improved flexibility.
- Good muscular and joint mobility.
- More efficient muscular movements and fluidity of motion.
- Prevention of some lower back problems.
- Improved appearance and self-image.
- Improved body alignment and posture.
Tags: stretching , body alignment exercises , stretching exercises , exercise stretches , picture of stretching exercises for girls , stretches the back with rubber , stretching exercises with pictures , self stretches , stretch exercises